CES 2018: Tech Enthusiast's Thoughts & Highlights

• Thread starter lekh2003
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thoughts
In summary, the conversation was about the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2018, with a focus on some of the interesting things seen at the event, such as Uber's self-flying passenger drones, LG's robot future vision, and the rollable TV. The discussion also touched on a potential EEG-based car driving assistant, which some found to be a questionable idea due to the need for headgear. The conversation also included links and further information about this technology from Nissan.
lekh2003
Gold Member
Hello everyone,

I am a die-hard tech enthusiast (probably only consumer tech), I am always interested in ever year's Consumer Electronics Show.

I just wanted to create a thread discussing CES 2018 which is currently taking place.

Some of the interesting things I've seen so far would include: Uber self flying passenger drones, LG robot future vision, LG rollable TV, Synaptics VIVO in-screen fingerprint.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I saw a short piece on TV about an EEG-based car driving assistant something-something. Do you have a link to that? Seems like a dumb idea to me, especially if you have to shave your head to wear the sensor headgear...

LG's 65in roll-able TV is pretty awesome. Soon the day will come where living room's are free to remove the TV as the focus of the room.

Likes lekh2003
berkeman said:
I saw a short piece on TV about an EEG-based car driving assistant something-something. Do you have a link to that? Seems like a dumb idea to me, especially if you have to shave your head to wear the sensor headgear...
More info (yuck):

http://www.thedrive.com/tech/17444/...e-tech-and-imx-concept-on-display-at-ces-2018

https://i.gadgets360cdn.com/large/nissan_b2v_1515052029418.jpg?output-quality=80
nissan_b2v_1515052029418.jpg

Attachments

• nissan_b2v_1515052029418.jpg
    nissan_b2v_1515052029418.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 670

Related to CES 2018: Tech Enthusiast's Thoughts & Highlights

1. What is CES 2018?

CES (Consumer Electronics Show) is an annual trade show that showcases the latest and upcoming technologies and products in the consumer electronics industry.

2. When and where is CES 2018 taking place?

CES 2018 will take place from January 9-12, 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

3. What are some of the highlights from CES 2018?

Some of the highlights from CES 2018 include the introduction of new technologies such as virtual and augmented reality, self-driving cars, smart home devices, and advancements in artificial intelligence and robotics.

4. What are some of the key trends observed at CES 2018?

Some of the key trends observed at CES 2018 include the rise of voice-controlled devices and smart home technology, the increasing integration of AI and machine learning into everyday products, and the growing popularity of wearable technology.

5. What are some of the major announcements made at CES 2018?

Some of the major announcements made at CES 2018 include the launch of new products such as the LG ThinQ smart speaker, the NVIDIA GeForce Now cloud gaming service, and the Sony Aibo robot dog, as well as partnerships between companies to bring new technologies to consumers.