Catch Up in Mathematics: Study Plan & Book Recommendations

• Other
  • Thread starter ZeroIQ
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mathematics
In summary, the speaker has taken four semesters of undergraduate physics but did not do well due to difficulties. They are now looking to catch up on their mathematics skills, specifically in areas such as analysis, linear algebra, ODE, complex analysis, and possibly physics topics such as mechanics, QM, and electrodynamics. They are seeking recommendations for study materials, including books like Friedberg's Linear Algebra, Ross's Differential Equations, Zill's Differential Equations with Boundary Problems, and possibly works by Feynman and Griffith. They are also seeking more information on the speaker's previous mathematics coursework.
ZeroIQ
Hello everyone,
I took some physics course but i never could be that serious because I had some difficulties first and it kinda get snowballing then I failed/stopped. So, i want to catch-up/(revise??) undergraduate mathematics (physics). So, i have a summer to do that i think, i can catch-up Mathematics (Analysis, Linear Algebra, ODE, Complex Analysis,...) and try to look (If I had time ) at Physics (Mechanics, QM, Electrodynamics, ...). I want a study plan (books recommendation for that).
That's the books i think i'll need at least according to some research on the forum:
Friedberg: Linear Algebra
Ross: Differential Equations
Zill's : Differential Equations with Boundary Problems
And some Feynman/Griffith books ?
Hope you can help me :)

Physics news on Phys.org
can you be more descriptive than just:
ZeroIQ said:
I took some physics course...
What mathematics classes have you completed? You mention some advanced math that you want to catch up on.

4 semesters of Undergraduate Physics, we had Analysis, Linear Algebra, ODE, Integrals, Series and Complex Analysis.

Related to Catch Up in Mathematics: Study Plan & Book Recommendations

What is a study plan for catching up in mathematics?

A study plan for catching up in mathematics is a detailed schedule that outlines specific goals and tasks to help improve one's understanding and performance in mathematics. It typically includes a review of fundamental concepts, targeted practice problems, and regular study sessions.

How long does it take to catch up in mathematics?

The time it takes to catch up in mathematics varies depending on the individual's current level of understanding and commitment to the study plan. It could take a few weeks to several months to see significant improvement. Consistent effort and dedication are key to catching up in mathematics.

What resources are recommended for catching up in mathematics?

Some recommended resources for catching up in mathematics include textbooks, online tutorials and practice exercises, math study groups, and working with a tutor. It is important to find resources that align with your learning style and address the specific areas where you need improvement.

How can I stay motivated while catching up in mathematics?

Staying motivated while catching up in mathematics can be challenging, but here are a few tips to help: set achievable goals, track your progress, take regular breaks, and engage in activities that you enjoy. It is also helpful to remind yourself of the long-term benefits of improving in mathematics, such as better career opportunities.

Is it possible to catch up in mathematics on my own?

While it is possible to catch up in mathematics on your own, it can be challenging without proper guidance and support. It is highly recommended to seek assistance from a teacher, tutor, or study group to help you stay on track and address any questions or difficulties you may encounter.