Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Case Study for Commercial Delivery Specialist position

Night_Hacker

New member
Feb 22, 2021
1
Savings Analysis
Please proceed with the following calculations, based on the data you can find in the attached Excel sheet:
  • Forecast the ARPUs for voice services by country: Determine the ARPU discounts that are needed by country in order to deliver cumulative reduction of 27% by the end of year 3 and 35% by the end of year 4
  • Forecast the Actual savings of the customer over the life of the deal in total and by country
  • Forecast the YOY revenue of Vodafone for voice services in total and by country
Negotiated reductions (blank means reductions to be determined)

CountryConnectionsExisting ARPU in local currencyARPU in €
1​
2​
3​
4​
UK
156​
52​
€ 63.44
12%​
10%​
blank blank
Spain
420​
68​
€ 68.00
15%​
0%​
blank blank
Germany
321​
45​
€ 45.00
13%​
blank
8%​
blank
France
51​
51​
€ 51.00
10%​
5%​
blank blank
US
1245​
75​
€ 58.99
15%​
5%​
blank blank
Japan
892​
9213​
€ 85.57
30%​
0%​
5%​
blank
3085​
 

Country Boy

Well-known member
MHB Math Helper
Jan 30, 2018
619
Do you understand what "cumulative" means? If you do you should recognize this as simple arithmetic.
You want "a cumulative reduction of 27% by the end of year 3 and 35% by the end of year 4".
The first reduction is 12% and the second is 10%. That is a cumulative 12+ 10= 22%. To get a cumulative reduction of 27% the next next year, the amount for that year must be 27- 22= 5%. To get a cumulative reduction of 35% by the fourth year, the amount for that year must be 35- 27= 8%. 12+ 10+ 5= 27 and 12+ 10+ 5+ 8= 35.