Career Guidance: Physics & Science | Shaft Lengths | School Atmosphere

In summary, RigidBody's husband is a science technician and he recommends that RigidBody try to build up social skills in order to find a job that he enjoys. RigidBody's husband also notes that RigidBody's grades in physics, chemistry, and biology may not be good enough to get a job as a science technician, but RigidBody can try to become a teacher.
RigidBody
hi, i don't know what career to pursue.
i was thinking along the lines of physics and science.
i'm new to the forum and am interested in shaft lengths, and replied to the shaft post, but nobody replied.
i'm thinking of being a science technician as i like the school atmosphere and being around children but i don't get on well with people because i prefer studying in my room and i usually only come out to eat or to go to physics lessons, in which i sit my myself not talking to anybody because I'm shy of contact.

Physics news on Phys.org
could someone please give me a few pointers? I've tried careers advisors but they just leave me feeling even more confused!

i would like to do a combined science degree with more emphasis on physics. so far the only career that has struck me as something id love to do is a school science technician. iv spoken to science technicians at my school but only one of them has a degree.

should i bother getting a degree and keeping my options within science open for the future? or should i set my heart on being a technician and leave school when I'm 18 and get a lot of work experience and try to build up a reputation?

i'm currently finishing my first year of doing Physics Chemistry and Biology A levels but I'm not going to get top grades.

Any help would be appreciated so much!

Career guidance

Hello RigidBody

welcome to physics-forums, what a splendid place this is. I've only just got an account too.

you career issues are of particular interest to me, as my husband is a science technician. i do hospital microbiology so i can't be of much help directly.

he can find it gets a *bit* boring sometimes, and the student contact is minimal. why not improve your social skills and be a teacher? it means more of what you enjoy, and more money.

xxxx Gareth

and, you have to question why you're so afraid of people. maybe its that you've had a bad experience, or you're simply have an introvert personality. try and be a bit more sociable - itl do you good.

xxxx Gareth

Related to Career Guidance: Physics & Science | Shaft Lengths | School Atmosphere

1. What career opportunities are available for physics and science majors?

There are many career options available for those with a background in physics and science. Some popular choices include research and development, engineering, data analysis, teaching, and scientific writing.

2. How do I determine the appropriate shaft length for a specific application?

The appropriate shaft length for a specific application will depend on a variety of factors, such as the type of equipment being used, the amount of torque required, and the desired speed of rotation. It is best to consult with a professional or refer to manufacturer guidelines for specific recommendations.

3. What factors should I consider when choosing a school for my physics and science education?

Some important factors to consider when choosing a school for your physics and science education include the quality of the program, the availability of research and internship opportunities, the faculty and their areas of expertise, and the overall school atmosphere and resources.

4. How can I make the most of my physics and science education in order to achieve my career goals?

To make the most of your physics and science education, it is important to actively participate in classes, seek out research and internship opportunities, network with professionals in your field, and stay updated on the latest developments and technologies in your industry.

5. What is the impact of school atmosphere on academic success in physics and science?

School atmosphere can have a significant impact on academic success in physics and science. A positive and supportive learning environment can foster a love for these subjects, encourage collaboration and critical thinking, and provide resources and opportunities for students to excel in their studies.