Learn DOCK & AMBER Tutorials Online

• Thread starter karthik3k
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Tutorials
In summary, the conversation is about the need for tutorials on DOCK and AMBER software for protein-protein docking. One person provides a link to a manual for DOCK, but no information on AMBER. Another person asks for suggestions on freeware software in LINUX for converting pdb to mol format.
karthik3k
Tutorials Needed !

Guys,
Does anyone of you know any good sites to learn DOCK (software for protein - protein Docking ), AMBER ??

Computer science news on Phys.org
Here is some info on DOCK

http://dock.compbio.ucsf.edu/dock4/html/Manual.html

I Couldn't find any good info on AMBER. It seems as if they aren't making the product anymore after the company that orginally made it (Oxford Molecular Group, Inc.) got bought out by Accelrys, Inc.

Last edited by a moderator:
PDB-->MOL

I already have that.
Anyway thanx.

Do u know any freeware software(s) in LINUX for converting pdb to mol format ?

Anything other than Babel/ SYBYL ... ??

What is DOCK and AMBER?

DOCK and AMBER are molecular docking and molecular dynamics simulation software, respectively, used by scientists to study the interactions between small molecules and proteins.

Why should I learn DOCK and AMBER?

Learning DOCK and AMBER can greatly enhance your understanding of molecular interactions and provide valuable insights into drug discovery and protein function. These software are widely used in the scientific community and can help advance your research.

Are there any online tutorials available for learning DOCK and AMBER?

Yes, there are many online tutorials and resources available for learning DOCK and AMBER. Some of these include official documentation, video tutorials, and online courses offered by universities and organizations.

Do I need any prior knowledge or experience to learn DOCK and AMBER?

While some basic knowledge of molecular biology and chemistry can be helpful, it is not necessary to have any prior experience with DOCK and AMBER. Many online tutorials and courses start from the basics and provide step-by-step instructions for beginners.

Can I use DOCK and AMBER for my specific research project?

DOCK and AMBER can be used for a wide range of research projects related to molecular interactions and drug discovery. However, it is best to consult with experts or seek guidance from the software's developers to ensure that it is suitable for your specific project.