Capacitor Cooling: Circuit Info & Bench Cooling

• Thread starter raburgeson
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cooling
HTML&format=&high=44b4c8d1b300267In summary, the conversation discusses the potential for computers to run cooler due to capacitor cooling. The speaker inquires about the type of circuit involved and how they could cool a small capacitor on the bench. They mention reading about this in a tech news article on Yahoo's front page, but do not have any reference material or information on the subject. They ask for help and are directed to a possible resource on Google.
raburgeson
I just read computers are going to run cooler because of capacitor cooling.
What type of circuit is involved and how could I cool a small cap on the bench.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Try posting some sort of reference.

That's the problem,read this on tech news straight from the news link off yahoo's front
page. Being it is a piece on computers and not circuits, it only stated that this cooling
will add extra stabability and product life,it did not cover techniq.I have no reference
material nor can find anything on the net so I came here for help on getting information
on this subject.

Related to Capacitor Cooling: Circuit Info & Bench Cooling

1. What is a capacitor and how does it work?

A capacitor is an electronic component that stores electrical energy in the form of an electric charge. It is made up of two conductive plates separated by an insulating material called a dielectric. When a voltage is applied across the plates, an electric field is created, which allows the capacitor to store energy.

2. How does a capacitor help with cooling in a circuit?

A capacitor can help with cooling in a circuit by acting as a filter for high-frequency noise. This noise can cause overheating in other components, but the capacitor absorbs it and releases it as heat, keeping the rest of the circuit cool.

3. What is bench cooling and why is it important?

Bench cooling is the process of using external cooling devices, such as fans or heat sinks, to cool a circuit. It is important because electronic components generate heat, and if they overheat, they can malfunction or even fail. Bench cooling helps to dissipate this heat and keep the circuit operating at a safe temperature.

4. How do I choose the right capacitor for my cooling needs?

The right capacitor for cooling depends on several factors, such as the type of circuit and the amount of heat being generated. It is important to choose a capacitor with a high enough voltage rating and capacitance to handle the heat, as well as considering factors like size and cost.

5. Is it safe to use capacitors for cooling in a circuit?

Yes, it is safe to use capacitors for cooling in a circuit as long as they are properly chosen and installed. It is important to follow safety guidelines and ensure that the capacitor is not overloading or overheating, as this can lead to potential hazards. It is also recommended to consult a professional or follow manufacturer guidelines when using capacitors for cooling purposes.