Can't post new thread in world cup fourm

• Thread starter scott1
  • Start date
In summary, there is a problem with posting new threads in the world cup forum that affects non-staff user groups. This could be due to an effort to keep the forum clean. Even Homework Helpers and Science Advisors are unable to post. It seems like the issue has been resolved now.
scott1
For some starnge reason I can't post a new thread in the world cup fourm. I think some other people where/are haveing the same problem.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, this is due to the fact that every non-staff user group has have their ability to create a new thread in the world cup forum disabled. As I am not part of the PF staff further speculations as to why this has been done may prove futile but it could be because they want to keep it clean. Again, this is only my personal view and may or may not reflect the views of PF, its staff and/or administration or the truth for that matter.

Technically, Homework Helpers and Science Advisors are part of the staff, but I can't post either. Looks like its just restricted to mentors or admins, if indeed anyone can post in there and there's not been any new posts, perhaps it is simply a glitch related you yesterdays outage. Eitherway, I'm sure greg or warren will let us know what's happening when the get online.

Edit: Looks like the problems fixed, crisis averted!

Last edited:

Related to Can't post new thread in world cup fourm

What could be causing me to not be able to post a new thread in the world cup forum?

There could be several reasons for this issue. One possibility is that you do not have the necessary permissions to create a new thread in the forum. Another possibility is that there is a technical issue with the forum itself. It is also possible that there are specific guidelines or rules in place for posting in the world cup forum that you may not be aware of.

How can I check if I have the correct permissions to post in the world cup forum?

To check your permissions, you can usually find a list of forum rules and guidelines in the forum's FAQ section. If you are still unsure, you can also reach out to a moderator or administrator of the forum for assistance.

What can I do if I am not able to post in the world cup forum due to a technical issue?

If you suspect that there is a technical issue with the forum, you can try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and then attempting to post again. If the issue persists, you can report the issue to the forum's moderators or administrators for further assistance.

Are there any specific rules or guidelines for posting in the world cup forum?

It is possible that there are specific rules or guidelines in place for posting in the world cup forum, such as only being able to post in certain threads or having a minimum post count before creating a new thread. It is best to check the forum's FAQ section or reach out to a moderator for clarification.

What should I do if I am still unable to post in the world cup forum after trying these solutions?

If none of the above solutions work, it is best to reach out to the forum's moderators or administrators for assistance. They will be able to further investigate the issue and help you resolve it.