Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] Can't browse MHB in Chrome anymore

• Admin

Klaas van Aarsen

MHB Seeker
Staff member
Mar 5, 2012
Suddenly I got the following message in Chrome when browsing to MHB.
I cannot browse to MHB anymore.

Code:
Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
Cookie
/n
Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/5.2.17 Server at server.mathhelpboards.com Port 80
Does anyone else have this problem?

I have already deleted all browse history, cookies, passwords, and whatnot, and I restarted Chrome, but it does not help.
I can only get to MHB through another browser (IE), or by using an incognito window.

Petrus

Feb 21, 2013
I cannot browse to MHB anymore.

Code:
Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
Cookie
/n
Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/5.2.17 Server at server.mathhelpboards.com Port 80
Does anyone else have this problem?

I have already deleted all browse history, cookies, passwords, and whatnot, and I restarted Chrome, but it does not help.
I can only get to MHB through another browser (IE), or by using an incognito window.
I got windows 7 and use google chrome. I got no problem with MHB when I use google chrome! I have always used google chrome and never had problem, have you try reinstall google chrome?

Regards,
\(\displaystyle |\rangle\)

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012

I know you said you deleted all cookies but check for something in particular, please. Last night I was updating our test site to vB 4.2.1 and there was a problem with cookies for a short time that was causing the two sites to mix with each other in an unpredictable way. See if you have any cookies from with "dev." at the beginning and delete them. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and I'll do everything I can to fix it right away.

• Admin

Klaas van Aarsen

MHB Seeker
Staff member
Mar 5, 2012
I know you said you deleted all cookies but check for something in particular, please. Last night I was updating our test site to vB 4.2.1 and there was a problem with cookies for a short time that was causing the two sites to mix with each other in an unpredictable way. See if you have any cookies from with "dev." at the beginning and delete them. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and I'll do everything I can to fix it right away.
Got it!
There was another button to clear cookies that I needed to click.
I just deleted all of them and now I can browse to MHB again.

• Admin

Klaas van Aarsen

MHB Seeker
Staff member
Mar 5, 2012
For the record, I don't mind deleting my cookies or anything.
I'm just glad that MHB has administrators that are continuously busy improving the site. (Yes)
I'll gladly take any inconvenience.