Cannot compile equation in LaTeX- Help with code please

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter su2111
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Code Latex
In summary, the "cannot compile equation" error in LaTeX is typically caused by syntax errors or missing brackets in the equation code. To fix this, carefully review and correct your code, or seek help from online resources or communities. Special characters and symbols can be used in LaTeX equations but may require additional packages or escape characters. There is no limit to the complexity of equations that can be compiled in LaTeX, but more complex equations may require more advanced coding techniques. Help with LaTeX equation code can be found through online resources, colleagues or professors, and university workshops or tutoring services.
su2111
Hello!
I have been trying to get this equation to work in my LaTeX document, I do not really see any issues with it so if somebody could give some guidance that would be really helpful.

Code:
Code:
\begin{equation}
{\bf{R}} = \sum_{i=1}^{N}_{{\bf{u}}_{i}}
\end{equation}
Thank you

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry! No need for help, I figured out what was wrong!

I had trouble figuring out the dollar signs as well.

Related to Cannot compile equation in LaTeX- Help with code please

1. Why am I getting a "cannot compile equation" error in LaTeX?

This error typically occurs when there is a syntax error or missing bracket in your equation code. Make sure to double check your code for any typos or missing characters.

2. How do I fix the "cannot compile equation" error in LaTeX?

To fix this error, carefully review your equation code and make sure it follows the correct syntax and all brackets are properly closed. You may also want to refer to LaTeX documentation or seek help from online forums or communities.

3. Can I use special characters or symbols in my LaTeX equations?

Yes, LaTeX allows for the use of special characters and symbols in equations. However, you may need to use certain packages or escape characters in order to properly render them.

4. Is there a limit to the complexity of equations I can compile in LaTeX?

No, there is no specific limit to the complexity of equations you can compile in LaTeX. However, as equations become more complex, they may require more advanced coding techniques and may take longer to compile.

5. Where can I get help with my LaTeX equation code?

There are many online resources available for help with LaTeX equations, such as documentation, forums, and communities. You can also reach out to colleagues or professors who may have experience with LaTeX. Additionally, some universities may offer workshops or tutoring services for LaTeX users.