Canadian Universities Suggestion

In summary, the person is a bachelors in Electrical engineering with experience in control systems, circuit design, and VLSI. They have a score of 6.5 on the IELTS and a GPA of 8.3/10. They also have a low score of 570 on the GRE in physics. They are interested in pursuing a masters in physics in electronics track or masters in measurement science. The expert recommends applying to universities in Canada such as University of Toronto, University of British Columbia, McGill University, and University of Alberta. These universities have strong programs in physics, electronics, and measurement science and have a good global reputation. It is important to note that some universities may require a higher IELTS score.
badri89
Dear all,

Here is my situation. I'm a bachelors in Electrical engg with more than 2 years of experience in control systems,circuit design and vlsi.I took the IELTS exam and got a score of 6.5 and have a gpa of 8.3/10. I also took the GRE in physics and got an unexpected worst score of 570.I would like to go for masters in physics in electronics track or masters in measurement science(since it matches my profile of control systems). Will this profile be of any use in applying for universities in Canada, and if so what universities can I apply for?

Physics news on Phys.org
Your profile is definitely suitable for applying to universities in Canada. The universities that you should consider include the University of Toronto, University of British Columbia, McGill University, and the University of Alberta. All of these universities have excellent programs in physics, electronics, and measurement science. Furthermore, they all have a good reputation globally and are often ranked among the top universities in Canada. It is important to note that some of these universities may require a higher IELTS score than 6.5, so it might be worth considering taking the test again if you want to maximize your chances of getting accepted. Finally, it would be beneficial to research the specific requirements and admission criteria of the universities you are interested in. Good luck with your application!

Related to Canadian Universities Suggestion

1. What are the top universities in Canada?

According to the 2021 QS World University Rankings, the top universities in Canada are the University of Toronto, University of British Columbia, and McGill University.

2. How do I choose the right university in Canada for me?

When considering Canadian universities, it is important to think about factors such as location, program offerings, faculty, research opportunities, and campus culture. It may also be helpful to visit campuses, speak with current students and alumni, and research the university's reputation and rankings.

3. Do Canadian universities accept international students?

Yes, Canadian universities welcome and encourage international students. Each university may have different admission requirements and processes for international students, so it is important to research and follow the specific guidelines for the university you are interested in.

4. Are Canadian universities expensive for international students?

Tuition fees for international students in Canada can vary greatly depending on the university and program of study. However, compared to other popular study destinations like the US and UK, Canadian universities often have lower tuition fees for international students. Scholarships and financial aid may also be available to help with the cost of studying in Canada.

5. What are the benefits of studying at a Canadian university?

Studying at a Canadian university offers a high-quality education, diverse and inclusive campus communities, and opportunities for hands-on learning and research. Canada also has a welcoming and multicultural society, making it a great place for international students to live and study. Additionally, a degree from a Canadian university is recognized and respected worldwide, opening up global career opportunities.