Can you suggest me a good college?

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's college choices for electrical engineering programs. They have already applied to UC Berkeley and Cal Poly Pomona and plan to apply to MIT and Boston University. They are looking for another college in California with a strong EE program and ask for suggestions. The other person recommends Cal Poly SLO, especially for hands-on learning and employable skills. They also mention UCLA and UCSD for those interested in theory. The speaker asks about applying to UCSD and the other person suggests using the UC application online.
Success
I recently applied to UC Berkeley and Cal Poly Pomona, later will apply to MIT and Boston University. But I want to apply one more college in California that has strong electrical engineering program. Can you suggest me a good college for electrical engineering majors?

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, Cal Poly SLO is right where I am. It has a better engineering program that Ponoma has. Especially in the Electrical Engineering field. I know the head of the EE department here, his name is dennis derkison. I would absolutely recommend this college, it is very hands on based and you will receive much more employable skills than the other universities. Though if you are more interested in theory of everything, I would recommend UCLA or UCSD. Also, SLO is a very beautiful and friendly area. It is surrounded by mountains. I go to the community college here that is only like 5 minutes away from Cal Poly. Also, the research opportunities here are amazing. Since there are no Ph.D student here, the professors really focus on their undergraduate student. If you get into Berkeley for EECS, I would recommend that over anything else though.

Ucsd.

How to apply to UCSD? Do I use the UC application online?

Success said:
How to apply to UCSD? Do I use the UC application online?

That would be the best way to go about it. :p

Related to Can you suggest me a good college?

1. What factors should I consider when looking for a good college?

When searching for a good college, it is important to consider factors such as the program offerings, location, cost, campus culture, and career opportunities. You should also think about your personal preferences and goals to find a college that is the best fit for you.

2. How do I know if a college is reputable and of high quality?

There are several ways to determine if a college is reputable and of high quality. You can research the college's accreditation, graduation rates, student satisfaction, and rankings. It is also helpful to talk to current students and alumni, and visit the campus to get a feel for the overall atmosphere.

3. Should I choose a college based on its ranking?

While rankings can provide some insight into a college's reputation and academic quality, they should not be the only factor in your decision. It is important to also consider your personal preferences and goals, as well as the specific programs and opportunities offered by the college.

4. How can I find a good college that fits my budget?

One way to find a good college within your budget is to research and compare the cost of attendance at different colleges. You can also look into scholarships, grants, and financial aid options to help cover the cost of tuition and other expenses. Additionally, considering public universities or community colleges may also be more affordable options.

5. Is it important to visit a college before deciding to attend?

While it is not always possible for everyone to visit every college they are considering, visiting a college can provide valuable insight into the campus culture, facilities, and overall atmosphere. It can also help you determine if the college is a good fit for you personally. However, if you are unable to visit, you can also research and speak to current students and alumni to get a better understanding of the college experience.