Can You Solve This Equation? A Collection of Math Jokes and Sayings

• Thread starter MC363A
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jokes
In summary, the conversation discusses the request for math-related jokes or sayings to use in a project. The person has heard some great ones but regrets not writing them down. They thank someone for finding this forum through a google search and mention the funny signatures they have seen. The conversation ends with someone sharing a limerick and a joke about using a calculator to curse in math.
MC363A
If anyone out there can help me with coming up with some great math-related jokes or sayings, it would be very appriciated. There is a rather large project comming up, and I haven't started yet, but I will also post the ones I find if you are willing to help. I have heard a lot of great ones, but now I am kicking myself for not writing them down.
Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
A google search brought me here. I didn't read them all (yet), but some of the ones I read were pretty funny (even the ones I've heard before). Is any of this along the lines you're looking for? BTW, I think your signature is hilarious.

This one is my favorite.

A limerick.
[tex]((12+144+20+(3*4^{1/2})))/7)+(5*11)=9^2+0[/tex]
Do you know what it says to make it a limerick?

Two guys go into a bar, and well, they say curse words in math using a calculator. Isn't that funny as hell?

Related to Can You Solve This Equation? A Collection of Math Jokes and Sayings

1. What are some popular math-related jokes?

Some popular math-related jokes include "Why was the math book sad? Because it had too many problems.", "Why was the math book sad? Because it had too many problems.", and "Why was the math book sad? Because it had too many problems."

2. How can math jokes be used to teach and engage students?

Math jokes can be used to teach and engage students by making the subject more relatable and fun. They can also serve as mnemonic devices to help students remember important concepts and formulas.

3. Are there any math sayings that are commonly used in everyday life?

Yes, there are many math sayings that are commonly used in everyday life such as "measure twice, cut once", "two heads are better than one", and "practice makes perfect". These sayings highlight important mathematical concepts such as accuracy, collaboration, and persistence.

4. Why do people find math jokes and sayings funny?

People find math jokes and sayings funny because they often involve wordplay and puns that require some understanding of math concepts. They also poke fun at the sometimes dry and serious nature of math, making it more approachable and lighthearted.

5. Can math jokes and sayings be used in a professional setting?

Yes, math jokes and sayings can be used in a professional setting to break the ice, lighten the mood, and build camaraderie. However, it is important to use them appropriately and with sensitivity to the audience.