Can you recommend me a good textbook for Calculus III?

In summary, the person is looking for a textbook for Calculus III (Multivariable Calculus) with lots of practice problems and less theoretical problems. The textbook should cover topics such as multiple integrals, finding areas and volumes using multiple integrals, finding jacobians, gradients, and partial derivatives. They are open to suggestions for textbooks other than Stewart and mention using "Calculus" by Larson and Edwards (8th edition) for previous calculus courses. However, they note that the textbook may not cover more than 3 dimensions.
Math10
I want a good textbook for Calculus III (Multivariable Calculus) that has lots of practice problems and less theoretical problems. The textbook must have lots of practice problems for multiple integrals, finding areas, volumes using multiple integrals, finding jacobians, gradients, partial derivatives, etc. Please tell me the name of the textbook, author, edition, etc.

Physics news on Phys.org
Wouldn't Stewart work?

Just disregard the final chapter--it's not very well explained.

Is there any other good textbook besides Stewart?

What have you been using for Calc I & II? Does it not include any multivariable calculus?

My Calculus I & II textbook doesn't have Calculus III at all.

I like "Calculus" by Larson and Edwards. I have the 8th edition, but they're up to 10 now.
I didn't like how (at least in my edition) they don't go above 3 dimensions, but it's pretty evident how to generalize stuff.

Related to Can you recommend me a good textbook for Calculus III?

1. What is Calculus III?

Calculus III is the third course in the calculus sequence, which focuses on multi-variable and vector calculus. It covers topics such as partial derivatives, multiple integrals, and vector calculus.

2. Why is it important to have a good textbook for Calculus III?

Having a good textbook for Calculus III is important because it serves as a valuable resource for understanding complex mathematical concepts and solving challenging problems. It can also provide additional practice and examples to supplement course lectures.

3. What makes a good textbook for Calculus III?

A good textbook for Calculus III should have clear and concise explanations of concepts, a variety of practice problems with solutions, and illustrations or diagrams to aid in understanding. It should also be organized in a logical and intuitive manner.

4. How do I choose the best textbook for Calculus III?

When choosing a textbook for Calculus III, consider your learning style and the topics covered in your course syllabus. Look for reviews and recommendations from other students or educators, and consider browsing through the textbook to see if it aligns with your learning needs.

5. Can you recommend a specific textbook for Calculus III?

As a scientist, I cannot recommend a specific textbook for Calculus III as it may vary depending on individual preferences and course requirements. However, some popular textbooks for Calculus III include "Calculus: Multivariable" by James Stewart, "Vector Calculus" by Jerrold E. Marsden, and "Calculus: Early Transcendentals" by Jon Rogawski.