Can You Help Review My Physics Assignments for Engineering College Prep?

• Thread starter physicslady
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mixed
In summary, several mixed assignments refer to a combination of different tasks or projects that need to be completed. To manage them, it is important to prioritize tasks and create a schedule or to-do list. Staying focused can be achieved by eliminating distractions and taking breaks. To ensure quality, enough time should be allocated for each task and seeking feedback is helpful. As a scientist, having several mixed assignments allows for the development of diverse skills and experiences, as well as opportunities for collaboration and new discoveries.
physicslady
Hi! Iam trying to get back to studying after several years of working, and currently Iam trying to higher my grades so I can make it to engineering college.. I would be grateful if you guys could help me with these assignments and check if I have done it right, because I really want an A.

ASSIGNMENT 1
1. Homework Statement
Currents are equal in the two long straight parallel conductor but flowing in the opposite directions. The distance between the conductors is 10 cm. Magnetic field size at a point midway between the leaders is 80 microT, apart from the Earth's magnetic field.

a, How big is the current in the conductors?
b, Calculate the force on every meter of one of the conductors

Homework Equations

a, B=k*I/a
b, F=B*I*l

3. The Attempt at a Solution
a=10cm
B=80*10^-6 T
l=?
k=8,99*10^9
I=(B/k)*a

l=1m
B=80*10^-6 T
I=from a
F=(80*10^-6)*1*I(from a)

ASSIGNMENT 2
When a negatively charged particle is moved from the bottom plate to the top plate in a homogenous electric field 2,9*10^-8 J is being transformed to potential energy. Is the top or the bottom plate positively charged? How big is the charge of the particle? Current between the plates is 100V.

W=q*U --> q=W/U

q=2,9*10^-8/100V=2,9*10^-10 top is positive and bottom is negative. (I am not sure about this)...ASSIGNMENT 3
A electron passes through a vertical magnetic field like the figure shows. The path is in a horisontal plane.
a, Give the motion direction in the path.
b, The electrons velocity is constant under the whole passage through the field, explain this!

image.jpg
No equations

My exp;
a, The force will point to the "middle" of the circular motion that occurs. The force is perpendicular to the motion, and the electrons motion is directed to the currents.

b, F is perpendicular to the motion, the velocity remains therefore constant because the electrons kinetic energy does not change.

ASSIGNMENT 4
Look at the figure, which force acts on a positive charged proton in the point P?
image.jpg

Equations:
F=k*(q1*q2)/r^2

Fres=F1+F2

Solution tried
F1=8,99*10^9*(1,602*10^-14)*(1,9*10^-9)/(0,03)^2

F2=8,99*10^9*(1,602*10^-14)*(6,2*10^-9)/(0,02)^2

Fres=? Iam not sure how to keep on going here...ASSIGNMENT 5
On which distance from a long straight conductor with the current 25 A, is the magnetic field=earth magnetic field, 47 microT?

Equations:
B=k*I/a

k=8,99*10^9
I=2,5 A
a=?
B=47*10^-6 T

Solution:
Solve for a.

Thank you a lot! As you see I've tried to solve most of it, would be grateful if anyone could go through them and see if anything is wrong, and tell me it so I can learn!

[/B]

Physics news on Phys.org
physicslady:
Rather than dumping a bunch of problems in one thread, PF prefers that only one problem per thread be posted. Other members can reply without it getting confusing as to which question the reply is intended.

Hi physicslady,

Please start a new thread for each question, that way members can focus on each question in its own thread. In the meantime, thread locked.

Related to Can You Help Review My Physics Assignments for Engineering College Prep?

1. What are several mixed assignments?

Several mixed assignments refer to a combination of different tasks or projects that need to be completed. They can include a variety of tasks, such as experiments, data analysis, writing reports, and more.

2. How do you manage several mixed assignments at once?

Managing several mixed assignments can be challenging, but it's important to prioritize tasks and create a schedule or to-do list to stay organized. It's also helpful to break down larger assignments into smaller, more manageable tasks.

3. What are some strategies for staying focused while working on several mixed assignments?

One strategy for staying focused while working on several mixed assignments is to eliminate distractions, such as turning off your phone or finding a quiet workspace. It's also important to take breaks and switch between tasks to avoid burnout.

4. How do you ensure the quality of work when completing several mixed assignments?

To ensure the quality of work when completing several mixed assignments, it's important to allocate enough time for each task and avoid rushing through them. It's also helpful to seek feedback from colleagues or supervisors to make improvements.

5. What are the benefits of having several mixed assignments as a scientist?

Having several mixed assignments as a scientist allows for a diverse range of experiences and skills to be developed. It also provides opportunities to work on different types of projects and collaborate with different teams, which can lead to new discoveries and advancements in the field.