Can You Help Me Integrate $\sin(u) + u^6$ Correctly?

In summary, the "hard integration problem" in science refers to the challenge of integrating knowledge and methods from different disciplines to address complex scientific questions or problems. It is important because many pressing issues facing our world today require collaboration between different fields of science. The main barriers to solving this problem include differences in terminology, methodologies, and cultures between disciplines. To overcome it, scientists can actively seek out opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration and communication. Examples of successful integration in science include the development of the theory of evolution and the use of interdisciplinary approaches to address the COVID-19 pandemic.
jaychay
Untitled 3.png

Can you please help me ?
I have tried to do it many times but still got the wrong answer.
Thank you in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Make the substitution $t = \sin x$.

Opalg said:
Make the substitution $t = \sin x$.
Untitled 5.png
I am stuck here
Can you please help me ?

Get the parentheses in the right place! It's not $\sin(u+u^6)$, but $\sin(u) + u^6$, which is much easier to integrate.

Opalg said:
Get the parentheses in the right place! It's not $\sin(u+u^6)$, but $\sin(u) + u^6$, which is much easier to integrate.
Thank you very much
I understand now

Related to Can You Help Me Integrate $\sin(u) + u^6$ Correctly?

1. What is the "hard integration problem" in science?

The "hard integration problem" refers to the challenge of combining different scientific theories or concepts into a unified framework. It often arises when trying to reconcile seemingly contradictory ideas or when attempting to explain complex phenomena.

2. Why is the hard integration problem important?

The hard integration problem is important because it allows scientists to better understand and explain the natural world by connecting different fields of study. It also helps to identify gaps in current knowledge and can lead to new discoveries and advancements in science.

3. How do scientists approach the hard integration problem?

Scientists approach the hard integration problem by using various methods such as mathematical modeling, experimentation, and collaboration with experts in different fields. They also rely on critical thinking and creativity to develop new theories or frameworks that can integrate different concepts.

4. What are some examples of successful integrations in science?

One example of a successful integration in science is the theory of evolution, which combines concepts from biology, genetics, and geology to explain the diversity of life on Earth. Another example is the theory of relativity, which integrates ideas from physics and mathematics to explain the behavior of objects in space and time.

5. What are the challenges of solving the hard integration problem?

Some challenges of solving the hard integration problem include the complexity of the concepts involved, the limited understanding of certain fields, and the potential for conflicting evidence or theories. It also requires a significant amount of time, resources, and collaboration among scientists from different disciplines.