Can you help me find a programming website ?

• Thread starter Mépris
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Programming
In summary, the conversation was about finding a programming website. The person remembered coming across a website with information and advice on programming, including recommendations for first languages and tips for learning in school. They were unable to find the website again and suggested checking browser history. The conversation also mentioned a suggested programming book for beginners.
Mépris
Can you help me find a "programming website"?

Hi,

I came across this website a few weeks ago and it would appear that I haven't bookmarked it! It had a lot of information and advice on programming. I remember reading the following sections there:

- which first language and those suggested were python and java, among those I can remember. (there was a big list and little bits of information under each suggestion)
- how to get started at school, preferably not taking CS classes in high school because in general, CS courses there are poorly taught and it's best if one learns on their own
- for college: description of "electrical engineering", "computer science", "computer engineering", "information technology", etc

I'm certain this website will come in handy but I can't seem to find it! I've been looking for the past half hour!

Thanks!

Technology news on Phys.org

Have you looked at your browser's history?

gsal said:
Have you looked at your browser's history?

Haha! I would have but I don't have that feature enabled. (more like, it's automatically erased?)

I don't know what words to google for to find the site we're talking about, but here's a link to the programming book I suggest to beginners (http://www.htdp.org).

Dear reader,

I would be happy to help you find a programming website. There are many great resources available online for learning programming, so it can be overwhelming to find the right one. Some popular options include Codeacademy, Coursera, and Udemy. These websites offer a variety of programming languages and courses for beginners and advanced learners alike. Additionally, many universities and colleges offer free online courses in computer science and programming, such as MIT's OpenCourseWare and Harvard's CS50. I recommend exploring these options and finding the one that best fits your learning style and goals. Good luck on your programming journey!

Related to Can you help me find a programming website ?

1. What is a programming website?

A programming website is a platform where individuals can learn, practice, and improve their coding skills. It usually contains tutorials, coding challenges, and resources for various programming languages.

2. What are the benefits of using a programming website?

Programming websites offer a convenient and accessible way to learn new coding skills. They also provide a community of like-minded individuals to connect with and learn from. Additionally, many programming websites offer certifications or badges to showcase your skills to potential employers.

3. How do I choose the best programming website for me?

Consider your learning style and goals when choosing a programming website. Some websites may focus on specific languages or have a specific teaching style. It is also helpful to read reviews and try out a few different websites to see which one suits you best.

4. Are there free programming websites available?

Yes, there are many free programming websites available, such as Codecademy, Khan Academy, and Coursera. These websites offer a variety of courses and resources for learners of all levels.

5. Can a programming website help me find a job?

While a programming website cannot guarantee a job, it can definitely help you develop the skills and knowledge necessary for a career in programming. Many programming websites offer job boards and networking opportunities to connect with potential employers.