Can you check my physics homework please?

In summary, the conversation involves a request for someone to check a physics project that includes predicting the time it takes for a ball to go down a slide and finding the coefficient of friction between a person and the slide. The person is unsure if their calculations are correct, specifically regarding the equation ff = fa - fnet and the resulting coefficient of friction of .4. They also mention that the differences in times seem to be significantly larger.
athena810
Can you check my physics homework please??

Homework Statement

My physics project includes predicting
(1) the time it takes a ball to go down a slide
http://i.imgur.com/TfQI87H.png
I'm not sure if it's right though.

(2) finding the coefficient of friction between me and the slide.
http://i.imgur.com/3P8FPOe.png

Calculations should be correct for the most part, I'm just not sure if I'm doing stuff right. Particularly, I'm not sure about where it goes ff = fa - fnet because then i found the coefficient to be like .4 and that seems really little considering how the differences in times were a lot more.

Physics news on Phys.org
You need to post the actual questions, preferably word-for-word.

Related to Can you check my physics homework please?

1. What is the best way to approach checking my physics homework?

The best way to approach checking your physics homework is to first make sure you understand the concepts and equations involved. Then, go through each problem step by step, checking your calculations and making sure they are accurate. If you are unsure about a certain problem, it is always helpful to ask for clarification from your teacher or a classmate.

2. How can I check if my answers are correct?

You can check if your answers are correct by comparing them to the solutions provided in your textbook or by asking your teacher for feedback. Another helpful option is to use online resources or apps that provide instant feedback on your answers.

3. Is it important to show my work when checking my physics homework?

Yes, it is important to show your work when checking your physics homework. This allows you to identify any mistakes you may have made and also helps your teacher understand your thought process and provide feedback. Additionally, showing your work is crucial when it comes to studying for exams.

4. What should I do if I am struggling to check my physics homework?

If you are struggling to check your physics homework, it is important to seek help from your teacher or a tutor. They can provide additional explanations and guidance to help you understand the material and improve your checking skills.

5. How can I avoid making careless mistakes when checking my physics homework?

To avoid making careless mistakes when checking your physics homework, it is important to take your time and double-check your calculations. It can also be helpful to have a peer or teacher review your work for any errors. Additionally, practicing regularly and staying organized can also help reduce careless mistakes.