Can you beat GTA SA without cheats in under 1.5 years?

• Music
  • Thread starter agentredlum
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary, this thread is inspired by MarkFL and mathmaniac. We've been discussing dreaming and music lately, and one user posted about their favorite trance songs. These include songs from video games, such as GTA and Advance Wars 2.
agentredlum
This thread is inspired by MarkFL and mathmaniac.

I'll start,

[video=youtube;jhU2OApaczA]Best Trance 2011 2012 2013[/video]

:)

We've been discussing dreaming and music lately so... TRANCE!

edit* VG is video game. Thanks MarFL i can embed the video now!

Last edited:
Science news on Phys.org
What genre is VG? I am clueless...(Wave)

edit: I have edited your post above to embed the video...use the syntax:

[video=youtube;xxxxxxx]Give the video a title[/video]

That's the general form. "xxxxxxxx" is the id of the video after youtube.com/watch?v.

This is a technique passed along to me by Jameson. (Cool)

Last edited:
agentmulder said:
This thread is inspired by MarkFL and mathmaniac.:)

We've been discussing dreaming and music lately so... TRANCE!

What do you mean by VG? and what do you mean by trance?

mathmaniac said:
What do you mean by VG? and what do you mean by trance?

Sorry, i posted the wrong link. Had i posted the correct link VG would have been Obvious.

In the thread below

http://www.mathhelpboards.com/f9/any-lucid-dreamers-here-4482/

you posted that you entered GTA ... I assumed you meant Grand Theft Auto...?

For 'what is trance?' see link below and check out 'working definitions' section.

Trance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
I'm largely stuck in the 90s and have deliberately excluded songs from Rock Band et al for obvious reasons.

Bridge Zone - Sonic 1 (8bit)
Sonic 1 (Game Gear & Master System) Music: Bridge Zone - YouTube

Sky Base (Act 2) - Sonic 1 (8bit)
Sonic 1 (Game Gear & Master System) Music: Sky Base Zone - YouTube

Doomsday Zone - Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic & Knuckles Music: The Doomsday Zone - YouTube (also this cover from OCRemix)

Sami's Theme - Advance Wars 2
Advance Wars: Sami's Theme (Enhanced Version) - YouTube

Sensei's Theme - Advance Wars 2
Advance Wars 2 - Black Hole Rising: Sensei's Theme - YouTube

SuperSonic4 said:
I'm largely stuck in the 90s and have deliberately excluded songs from Rock Band et al for obvious reasons.

Bridge Zone - Sonic 1 (8bit)
Sonic 1 (Game Gear & Master System) Music: Bridge Zone - YouTube

Sky Base (Act 2) - Sonic 1 (8bit)
Sonic 1 (Game Gear & Master System) Music: Sky Base Zone - YouTube

Doomsday Zone - Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic & Knuckles Music: The Doomsday Zone - YouTube (also this cover from OCRemix)

Sami's Theme - Advance Wars 2
Advance Wars: Sami's Theme (Enhanced Version) - YouTube

Sensei's Theme - Advance Wars 2
Advance Wars 2 - Black Hole Rising: Sensei's Theme - YouTube
Hello SuperSonic4,
I am disappointed on you:( You never mention this one
Regards,
\(\displaystyle |\rangle\)

These days, I am not into video games at all, but once I came across an awesome song (rather, a remix) from a video game. It happened this way. On another forum, a user posted a thread asking to find an error in his proof of something like 9 = 0. The proof was a whole page of formulas full of square roots. It seemed completely impenetrable. It reminded me of the following music score, called "Faerie's Aire and Death Waltz" by John Stump, that I saw somewhere on the Internet.

faeries-aire.gif

I also recalled seeing a YouTube video playing this or a similar score. After some search, I found this video:

[video=youtube;JOW2JpPi6Wc]Relationship between "Faerie's Aire and Death Waltz" and "U.N. Owen Was Her?"[/video]

of a different song being played by a sheet music program. That score was also full of fragments like these.

uLGNaVR.png
mUnODFa.png
3pwEzNM.png

However, though there was a reference to the "Death Waltz" in the video title, this is a completely different song. It is a remix of "U.N. Owen Was Her?" (I have no idea what this means) from a Japanese video game "Touhou: The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil". The relationship between the "Death Waltz" and "U.N. Owen Was Her?" is explained in this video (briefly, calling the video game theme the "Death Waltz" was a careless mistake by some YouTube poster).

However amazing the score of the video game remix seems, there is an actual performance of (admittedly, a version of) it on the piano.

Anyway, while I was researching this and thinking about a sarcastic reply something like, "Your proof looks like this score", another user calmly pointed out the line with an error. It was as impressive as performing that score on the piano.

I found a way to cheat :) If your favorite song is on Guitar Hero, it qualifies. This is my favorite song and it makes me want to ROCK!

[video=youtube;zdzWnsbMDk0]Dream Theater Pull Me Under[/video]

This one makes me want to DANCE!

[video=youtube;qObaTHEnluk&list=PL1AQQewSEuJsB6nEq-DubhXh7XsrFqQW_&index=4]Fandango[/video]

If video is non functional (like my wife), try link.

Saints Row 2 KRHYME 95.4 - Fandango - YouTube

Last edited:
Anybody here completed GTA SA?

how?without cheating? no way...

I've completed it. Made 100 % of the game.

Let me take away your illusions: I don't think it's humanly possible to complete GTA SA in less than 1.5 years if you don't have the cheats. So all those maps that are on the net were leaked by the programmers of the game.

Related to Can you beat GTA SA without cheats in under 1.5 years?

1. What is the purpose of "Post your favorite VG music"?

The purpose of "Post your favorite VG music" is to allow individuals to share and discuss their favorite video game music with others in a community setting. It is a way to celebrate and appreciate the soundtracks of video games.

2. Is there a specific format for posting VG music?

No, there is no specific format for posting VG music. You can share your favorite songs in any way you like, whether it's through a link, a video, or even just the title and composer of the song.

3. Can I post music from any video game?

Yes, you can post music from any video game. This community is open to all types of video games, from classic to modern, and from any platform.

4. Are there any rules or guidelines for posting VG music?

While there are no strict rules, we ask that you try to keep the content appropriate and respectful. Please also give credit to the original composers and sources of the music.

5. Can I request or recommend VG music to others?

Yes, you can absolutely request or recommend VG music to others. This community is meant to be a space for sharing and discovering new and exciting video game music. Feel free to interact with others and engage in discussions about your favorite songs!

Back