Can Vibranium Realistically Be Used in Hyperloop Construction?

• B
  • Thread starter alforwood
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Material
In summary,The Hyperloop capsule is made of a composite material and is designed to withstand high pressure. It is also equipped with a fuselage that is designed to aerospace standards.
alforwood
TL;DR Summary
There are two questions I want the answers or data (either of the answers is fine)
1. What is the material used for current hyperloop plans?
2. How can this material beneficial to hyperloop's acceleration/safety?
Hi, I am an ordinary student who needs data for the Hyperloop essay. I want to investigate about hyperloop's material (although the current hyperloop is more theoretical). I did some research about using vibranium as the main material (can not assure whether that is for a joke or not).

So, what will be the main material used for both pod and the tunnel wall?
How can this material endure inner tube pressure or maintain levitation in the magnetic field?
And finally why is this material more effective over other materials?

Apart from the hyperloop materials I also want to know the relation between inner tube pressure and the acceleration of the pod, since I also want to investigate for the safety concerning tube pressure changes.

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
alforwood said:
Summary:: There are two questions I want the answers or data (either of the answers is fine)
1. What is the material used for current hyperloop plans?
2. How can this material beneficial to hyperloop's acceleration/safety?

Hi, I am an ordinary student who needs data for the Hyperloop essay. I want to investigate about hyperloop's material (although the current hyperloop is more theoretical). I did some research about using vibranium as the main material (can not assure whether that is for a joke or not).

So, what will be the main material used for both pod and the tunnel wall?
How can this material endure inner tube pressure or maintain levitation in the magnetic field?
And finally why is this material more effective over other materials?

Apart from the hyperloop materials I also want to know the relation between inner tube pressure and the acceleration of the pod, since I also want to investigate for the safety concerning tube pressure changes.

Thank you
Vibranium is a patented composite Hyperloop capsule structure consisting of sensorized carbon fiber layers over a structural composite core. This capsule shell is supported by a aircraft-grade fuselage frame. The Vibranium capsule was constructed by Airtificial, an aerospace firm in Madrid, Spain. The capsule is undergoing testing at HyperloopTT’s full scale test track in Toulouse, France.

Likes DifferentialGalois
Fremantle1 said:
Vibranium is a patented composite Hyperloop capsule structure consisting of sensorized carbon fiber layers over a structural composite core. This capsule shell is supported by a aircraft-grade fuselage frame. The Vibranium capsule was constructed by Airtificial, an aerospace firm in Madrid, Spain. The capsule is undergoing testing at HyperloopTT’s full scale test track in Toulouse, France.
Check out:

Fremantle1 said:
This capsule shell is supported by a aircraft-grade fuselage frame.
Interesting, thanks for the info. What is "aircraft-grade" in this context? Are there some applicable standards?

berkeman said:
Interesting, thanks for the info. What is "aircraft-grade" in this context? Are there some applicable standards?
A Hyperloop fuselage is designed as a pressure vessel to aerospace standards in accordance with FAA guidance, similar to a regional jet.

Related to Can Vibranium Realistically Be Used in Hyperloop Construction?

What is the Hyperloop?

The Hyperloop is a proposed transportation system that uses vacuum-sealed tubes to transport passengers and cargo at high speeds. It was first conceptualized by Elon Musk in 2013.

How does the Hyperloop work?

The Hyperloop works by using magnetic levitation technology to propel pods through a vacuum-sealed tube. The tube is designed to minimize air resistance, allowing the pods to reach speeds of up to 700 miles per hour.

What are the potential benefits of the Hyperloop?

The Hyperloop could potentially reduce travel time between cities significantly, making it a faster and more efficient mode of transportation. It could also reduce carbon emissions and alleviate traffic congestion on roads and highways.

What are the challenges facing the development of the Hyperloop?

There are several challenges facing the development of the Hyperloop, including the high cost of construction, safety concerns, and regulatory hurdles. Additionally, the technology is still in its early stages, and there are many technical and engineering challenges that need to be addressed.

When will the Hyperloop be available for public use?

There is currently no set timeline for when the Hyperloop will be available for public use. Many companies are working on developing the technology, but it is still in the testing and development phase. It could be several years before the Hyperloop is ready for commercial use.