Can someone give me some examples on the schrodinger equation?

In summary, the Schrodinger equation is a fundamental equation in quantum mechanics that was developed by Erwin Schrodinger in 1926. It predicts the probability of finding a particle in a specific location at a given time and describes how a particle's wave function changes over time. One example of its application is in the study of electron orbitals in an atom. The equation is different from classical mechanics as it considers the wave-like nature of particles at the quantum level. However, it has limitations in its ability to account for relativity and multiple interacting particles.
Ayham
So I understand the schrodinger equation (independent), but I'm a kind of person who understands something better after an example or two, can someone help me and give me one for a H-atom or Hormonic Oscillator?
Thanks, and sorry if this is the wrong place to put this post...

Physics news on Phys.org
H-atom and HO potentials are covered in varying depth online - just google for them.
We can help you where you get stuck.

Related to Can someone give me some examples on the schrodinger equation?

1. What is the Schrodinger equation?

The Schrodinger equation is a mathematical equation that describes the behavior of particles at the quantum level. It was developed by Austrian physicist Erwin Schrodinger in 1926 and is a fundamental equation in quantum mechanics.

2. What does the Schrodinger equation predict?

The Schrodinger equation predicts the probability of finding a particle in a particular location at a given time. It also describes how a particle's wave function changes over time.

3. Can you give an example of the Schrodinger equation in action?

One example of the Schrodinger equation in action is in the study of electron orbitals in an atom. The equation can be used to predict the probability of finding an electron at a specific energy level and location around the nucleus.

4. How is the Schrodinger equation different from classical mechanics?

The Schrodinger equation is different from classical mechanics because it takes into account the wave-like nature of particles at the quantum level. Classical mechanics, on the other hand, only applies to macroscopic objects and does not consider the probabilistic nature of particles.

5. Are there any limitations to the Schrodinger equation?

Yes, there are limitations to the Schrodinger equation. It does not take into account the effects of relativity and cannot be used for objects moving at speeds close to the speed of light. Additionally, it only applies to non-relativistic particles and cannot be applied to systems with multiple interacting particles.