Can someone check if this centripetal force is correct?

In summary, the conversation was about the correctness of the ΣFin and the setup for a new diagram. The work looked good, but there were some math errors at the end that were pointed out and corrected.
Blockade
Member advised to use the formatting template for questions posted to the homework forums
I don't know if my ΣFin is correct I am having trouble setting it up. Can you check if the new diagram and the component setup is right?

Problem:
76bf6ac759.jpg

Work:
7f77a50ae7.png

Physics news on Phys.org
Blockade said:
I don't know if my ΣFin is correct I am having trouble setting it up. Can you check if the new diagram and the component setup is right?

Problem:
76bf6ac759.jpg

Work:
7f77a50ae7.png
looks very good except at the very end you made a couple of math errors when solving for T2( forgot to subtract out the mg/root 3 term and the 1/2 factor in the denominator was overlooked. ).

PhanthomJay said:
looks very good except at the very end you made a couple of math errors when solving for T2( forgot to subtract out the mg/root 3 term and the 1/2 factor in the denominator was overlooked. ).

Oh wow, nice catch. Thanks!

Related to Can someone check if this centripetal force is correct?

1. What is centripetal force?

Centripetal force is a force that acts towards the center of a circular path. It is responsible for keeping an object moving in a circular motion.

2. How is centripetal force calculated?

The formula for centripetal force is F = mv^2/r, where F is the force, m is the mass of the object, v is the velocity, and r is the radius of the circular path.

3. Why is it important to check if the centripetal force is correct?

It is important to check the centripetal force to ensure that the object is able to maintain its circular motion without any external forces acting on it. An incorrect centripetal force can lead to instability and potentially cause the object to deviate from its path.

4. What factors can affect the accuracy of the calculated centripetal force?

The accuracy of the calculated centripetal force can be affected by factors such as the accuracy of the measurements used, any errors in the calculations, and the presence of external forces such as friction or air resistance.

5. How can someone check if the centripetal force is correct?

The calculated centripetal force can be checked by comparing it to the theoretical value predicted by the formula. Additionally, conducting multiple trials and calculating the average centripetal force can help to ensure accuracy.