Can somebody recommend a math methods book

In summary, the person is looking for a thesis topic related to general relativity that incorporates concepts such as infinites series, complex functions, derivability, power series, residues, differential equations, convolutions, Laplace transform, gamma function, and various polynomial functions. They prefer a topic that includes all of these concepts, but are open to suggestions involving just some of them. They also mention their level of knowledge is not high and that they have approximately 7 months to work on the topic. They are seeking recommendations for a topic and apologize for their English proficiency. They clarify that they are currently studying in Bolivia, but had previously mentioned studying in Chile.
alejandrito29
i'm studing physics in chile. i need to make a tesis in mathematical physics.
someone can recommend me a topic that contain the next? :
- infinites series
- complex functions
- derivabilidad (cauchy riemman, etc)
- power series-
- residuos
-diferential equations.
- convolutions.
-transformada laplace
- function gama
- polinomios ortogonales, de hermite, laguerre, leguendre.
- problem of sturn liviulle
- ecuations diferentials bessel
- cilinder function

Physics news on Phys.org

You want a topic that includes ALL of those, or just some?

preferably ALL of those, if not just some

i don't speack english very well

Thesis topic

I study physics in Bolivia.
I have to do my thesis now. I want a topic related to general relativity . My level of knowledge is not high . My course of relativity was guided by the book of Schutz " A firtz course of general relativity.
I want no more than one topic 7 months of work( approximately) and mainly related to mathematics .
someone recommended me a topìc?

Post data: i don't speak english very well,

This should probably be moved to academic advice. However, didn't you mentioned in one of your earlier posts that you were in Chile!

MATLABdude said:
This should probably be moved to academic advice. However, didn't you mentioned in one of your earlier posts that you were in Chile!

Ok, sorry, but someone can help me?. I study en Bolivia . I forgot the previous post

Related to Can somebody recommend a math methods book

1. What is a math methods book?

A math methods book is a type of textbook that covers various mathematical methods and techniques used in different fields of science, engineering, and mathematics. It typically includes topics such as calculus, linear algebra, differential equations, and probability.

2. Why do I need a math methods book?

A math methods book is essential for students, researchers, and professionals who use advanced mathematics in their work. It provides a comprehensive overview of mathematical concepts and techniques, helping to strengthen problem-solving skills and improve understanding of complex mathematical concepts.

3. How do I choose the right math methods book?

Choosing the right math methods book depends on your level of mathematical proficiency and the specific field you are studying. It is essential to consider the book's content, level of difficulty, and the author's writing style. You can also seek recommendations from peers or consult with a math teacher for guidance.

4. Can a math methods book be used as a reference?

Yes, a math methods book can be used as a reference for quick access to mathematical concepts and formulas. Many books include a glossary, index, and appendices, making it easier to find specific information. However, it is recommended to use the book as a supplement to your course materials rather than a substitute.

5. Are there online resources for math methods?

Yes, there are various online resources available for math methods, including video tutorials, interactive quizzes, and practice problems. These resources can be helpful for supplementing your learning and providing additional practice outside of the textbook. However, it is essential to use reputable and credible sources when using online materials.