Can science and fiction merge to create mathematical theories?

In summary, there is a growing interest in the merging of science and fiction to create mathematical theories. This interdisciplinary approach utilizes imaginative concepts and storytelling techniques to explain complex mathematical concepts and theories, making them more accessible to a wider audience. While some debate the validity and practical application of such theories, the blending of science and fiction has the potential to inspire new perspectives and advancements in the field of mathematics.
Swastik Majumder
Summary:: Science fiction mathematical theories

Can I model fantasies into something similar to physics or maths? Making theories to fit imagination? Is there something like that exist? I am a high school student and I am learning things like calculus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello and :welcome: !It is hard to imagine what you may have in mind. I assume you know what usually counts as science fiction. More science related science fiction in math or physics would require some deep understanding of the matter, and as such not suited for a broader public. E.g. the implications if NP=P was proven, or if a string theory would actually be established.

I assume that you have less and not more specific fantasies in mind as you probably can't know the scientific details, yet. Well, we have a forum https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/writing-and-world-building.220/
in which you could test what you mean. But be aware that people might not understand you.

Have fun and stay curious!