Can Proxies Bypass Internet Blocks?

• Thread starter Gale
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Greetings
In summary, Ape's boss has blocked PF across the campus where he works, preventing him from using it. Ape wanted to say hello to everyone and hopes they are all well. He also mentioned that he misses TSA and wants him to come work with him at his campus. Evo and others sympathize with Ape's situation and suggest using a wireless off-campus network or a proxy to bypass the block. Some also joke about Ape's boss and his inability to bypass the block.
Gale
Greetings from StatutoryApe!

Hey all,

S'ape messaged me the other day and told me that his boss has blocked PF across the entire campus where he works, just so he can't use it... he's pretty annoyed, but wanted to say hey to everyone, sooo... HEY! (from him, not me)

hopes everyone is well and all that, blah blah, i'll send him your regards.

Science news on Phys.org
Please tell TSA I miss him and that he should come work with me! Much nicer bosses (and everything else) at my campus!

Tell TSA Hi, and as Evo mentioned, we feel his pain.

This calls for desperate measures.

Time to go wireless with an off-campus network. :biggrin:

What a mean thing to do, dose he he look like this :devil:

what a noob he can't even bypass the silly http block! :smile:

use a con.. err proxy! silly manzor

Related to Can Proxies Bypass Internet Blocks?

What is "Greetings from StatutoryApe"?

"Greetings from StatutoryApe" is a phrase that is often used as a greeting or salutation in the scientific community. It originated from a popular meme featuring a chimpanzee wearing a lab coat and has since become a humorous way for scientists to greet each other.

Why do scientists use "Greetings from StatutoryApe"?

Scientists use "Greetings from StatutoryApe" as a way to connect and bond with fellow scientists in a lighthearted and humorous manner. It can also serve as a conversation starter or icebreaker in scientific conferences or meetings.

Is "Greetings from StatutoryApe" considered professional?

While it may not be appropriate to use in formal settings, "Greetings from StatutoryApe" is generally accepted and used in informal or social settings among scientists. It is important to consider the context and audience before using it in a professional setting.

What is the significance of the ape in "Greetings from StatutoryApe"?

The ape in "Greetings from StatutoryApe" is a reference to the scientific classification of humans as apes, specifically great apes. It also represents the playful and curious nature of scientists.

Are there any other variations of "Greetings from StatutoryApe"?

Yes, there are various variations of "Greetings from StatutoryApe" such as "Greetings from the Lab", "Greetings from the Science World", or "Greetings from the Ivory Tower". These variations often reflect the specific field or community within science.