Can Non-Experts Still Contribute to Discussions on Physics and Math?

• Thread starter Gruddy42
  • Start date
In summary, non-experts can still contribute to discussions on physics and math by asking questions, sharing their perspectives, and learning from others. While a strong background in these subjects may be beneficial, open-mindedness and curiosity can also lead to valuable contributions and insights. Non-experts can also play a crucial role in bridging the gap between experts and the general public, making these complex topics more accessible and engaging for everyone. Ultimately, everyone has the potential to contribute to discussions on physics and math, regardless of their level of expertise.
Gruddy42
Lectori Salutem,

OK, I do know a little about math and physics, and my curiosity has not reached its limit. Retired, slide rule collector, speak binary, hex, octal and 8080 machine code. Working my way (ever so slowly) through Prof. Thorne's "The Science of Interstellar" and Motion Mountain Vol. 1. Although I can't answer any physics questions, I can answer questions about microcomputers and personal computers. If any of you are from the Philadelphia area, I was the young chap who had Personal Computer Corp. in Frazer, PA from 1975 through 1980.

That's it! I was asked to post an introduction, here it is.

Gruddy42

Likes berkeman, DaveC426913 and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
You are most welcome, at least in my opinion and your only prerequisite is a desire to discuss and learn about these subjects. What's more I'd say you know quite a bit more than you indicate. You also have a unique perspective and that does not require one to be Einstein.

In fact you may not find an Einstein very helpful in answering a question about how to best explain certain math or physics topics. Rather you would want a student who can give feedback on how helpful they found one explanation over another. So welcome to the Forum and dive in with comments and posts (after, of course, reading the guidelines).

Likes phinds and PeroK
Back