Can Negative Mass at near Speed of Light go Back in Time?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of time travel using negative mass and whether it could go faster than the speed of light. The individual is curious about the concept and asks for opinions and thoughts on the matter. However, it is clarified that negative mass is not yet proven to exist and any experiments or theories about it should be taken with caution.
Call me James
Sorry if the title was a little vague, character limits. The question at hand is this; If you were to accelerate an object to near speed of light, time around it would speed up, thus forward time travel. We all know this and I am no expert in this area but am incredibly curious. (Assuming we can harness negative mass) If we were to accelerate negative mass to near speed of light, would backwards time travel be possible? I doubt this myself but I am still curious. Alternatively, could negative mass has the ability to go faster than light? But I don't think the second one has any hope since it's more of a scale from -1, 0 1; 0 being the fastest. Despite it then being negative it would probably be identical in speed abilities to normal mass. At least that is my assumption.

Anyway, could negative mass have the ability to turn back the clock, making backwards time travel possible? (Incoming thought) Negative mass has been around since the birth of the universe means it is on the same timeline. So more doubt is in my mind, yet I would like to hear other opinions or thoughts.

Science news on Phys.org
As far as we know, there is no such thing as negative mass and no theory that suggests it might exist or have particular properties if it does.

Are you thinking of the experiments described in this thread, which is a bit further down the list of threads in this forum?

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/physicists-create-negative-mass.911744/

This is an "effective mass" which summarizes the effect on the object of interactions with a surrounding many-body system. Many media outlets misinterpreted its significance.

1. Can negative mass travel faster than the speed of light?

No, according to Einstein's theory of relativity, the speed of light is the maximum speed at which any object can travel. Negative mass cannot exceed this speed.

2. How does negative mass affect the fabric of space-time?

Negative mass has the opposite effect of positive mass on the fabric of space-time. While positive mass creates gravity and bends space-time, negative mass would repel and stretch space-time.

3. Can negative mass go back in time?

Negative mass cannot go back in time. Despite its unique properties, negative mass is still bound by the laws of physics and cannot violate the principle of causality.

4. Are there any real-world examples of negative mass?

Currently, there is no evidence of negative mass existing in our universe. However, some theoretical models in particle physics suggest the existence of particles with negative mass, but they have not yet been observed.

5. What are the potential implications of negative mass going back in time?

If negative mass could go back in time, it would have significant consequences for our understanding of causality and the laws of physics. It could also potentially lead to paradoxes and inconsistencies in the fabric of space-time. However, this remains a hypothetical scenario and has not been scientifically proven.