Can My Desire Pull Me Through Chemistry Engineering?

In summary, the speaker is an aspiring chemical engineering student who has concerns about their abilities in logical reasoning and concentration. However, they have a strong interest in the subject and are self-studying fluid mechanics. They are seeking advice on whether their desire can overcome their perceived deficiencies and if they can still pursue a career in chemical engineering.
mathis314
Hi all,

I am an aspiring chemical engineering student. However, I don't feel that I am smart enough to go into such a profession. Reason is that i have deficiencies in logical reasoning and I seem to confuse myself a lot (a lot lot), i also lack common sense. I have a difficult time concentrating.

At any rate, i love the maths, and i suddenly have a strong desire to take chemical engineering classes (not really sure why, maybe cause I am curious). I'm pretty self disciplined, I'm self- studying fluid mechanics now and I am loving the subject, even though I am having difficulty grasping the material (viscocity in particular).

So, what do you think? can my desire pull me through, even though i lack the witts?

Physics news on Phys.org
Is there any advice you can give me? Can I still pursue chemical engineering and make it work for me? Thanks in advance.

I can tell you that having a strong desire and interest in a subject is a great starting point for success in any field, including chemical engineering. However, it is important to also have the necessary skills and abilities in order to excel in this field.

Chemical engineering is a complex and challenging field that requires a strong understanding of mathematics, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. While your passion and self-discipline are valuable qualities, they may not be enough to overcome deficiencies in logical reasoning and common sense. These skills are crucial for success in chemical engineering, as they are necessary for understanding and applying complex concepts and theories.

My advice would be to continue self-studying and taking classes in chemical engineering, as your passion and interest will drive you to learn and improve. However, it may also be beneficial to seek help and guidance from a tutor or mentor who can help you strengthen your skills in logical reasoning and critical thinking. With dedication and hard work, I believe you can overcome any challenges and achieve success in chemical engineering.

Related to Can My Desire Pull Me Through Chemistry Engineering?

1. Can chemistry engineering be a fulfilling career path for someone with a passion for their desires?

Yes, it is possible for someone with a strong desire to succeed in chemistry engineering. With dedication and hard work, one can excel in this field and find fulfillment in their work.

2. How can my desire help me succeed in chemistry engineering?

Having a strong desire can be a motivating factor to work hard and push through challenges in the field of chemistry engineering. It can also help you stay focused on your goals and drive you towards success.

3. Are there any specific qualities or skills that are important for success in chemistry engineering?

Some important qualities for success in chemistry engineering include strong analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and the ability to work well in teams. Good communication skills and a strong work ethic are also important.

4. Can passion for chemistry engineering alone be enough to succeed in the field?

While passion is important, it is not the only factor for success in chemistry engineering. One must also have a strong foundation in the subject, stay updated with the latest advancements, and continuously work hard to improve their skills.

5. How can I maintain my passion for chemistry engineering throughout my career?

To maintain your passion for chemistry engineering, it is important to continuously challenge yourself and take on new projects and responsibilities. Stay updated with the latest advancements in the field and find opportunities to apply your skills and knowledge in new and exciting ways.