Can I Duplicate Threads on Different Sites/Forums?

• Thread starter I_am_learning
  • Start date
In summary, you can duplicate threads on different sites and forums, but it is important to check the rules and guidelines of each platform before doing so. Duplicating a thread can potentially affect your search engine rankings, so it is recommended to create unique content for each platform. It is not advisable to duplicate threads without permission, as it can be considered plagiarism. To avoid being flagged as spam, make sure to add value to the content and follow the rules and guidelines of each platform. There is no specific limit to how many times you can duplicate a thread, but excessive duplication may be seen as spam and violate platform rules.
I_am_learning
Can I start the same thread on PF and another popular site/forum ? Or is it against the rule?
I want to do this so as to increase my chance of getting good replies. I don't see much any reason why I shouldn't be allowed to do this, except for commercial reason.

Physics news on Phys.org
In general - no problem.

If it's posted on PF first, wouldn't it be good to provide a link to it from the other forum?

Related to Can I Duplicate Threads on Different Sites/Forums?

1. Can I post the same thread on multiple sites/forums?

Yes, you can duplicate threads on different sites and forums. However, it is important to check the rules and guidelines of each platform before doing so. Some sites may have restrictions on duplicate content or may require you to properly credit the original post.

2. Will duplicating a thread on different sites/forums affect my search engine rankings?

It is possible that duplicating a thread on different sites and forums can affect your search engine rankings. This is because search engines may see it as duplicate content and penalize your website. It is recommended to create unique content for each platform to avoid this issue.

3. Can I duplicate threads on different sites/forums without permission?

No, it is not advisable to duplicate threads on different sites and forums without permission. This can be considered as plagiarism and can lead to legal consequences. It is best to ask for permission from the original poster before reposting their content.

4. How can I ensure that my duplicated thread is not flagged as spam?

To ensure that your duplicated thread is not flagged as spam, make sure to add value to the content. Simply copying and pasting the same thread on different sites and forums without any additional information or context can be seen as spam. It is also important to follow the rules and guidelines of each platform to avoid being flagged as spam.

5. Is there a limit to how many times I can duplicate a thread on different sites/forums?

There is no specific limit to how many times you can duplicate a thread on different sites and forums. However, it is important to keep in mind that repeatedly posting the same content can be seen as spam and may violate the rules of certain platforms. It is best to use caution and avoid excessive duplication.