Can I convert pdf documents into word just using adobe?

In summary, the conversation discusses the need to extract paragraphs from a PDF document for a paper, but the PDF cannot be copied. The solution is to convert the PDF to a Word document using Adobe. However, there is confusion on how to operate it, and someone suggests using Google Docs to convert the PDF and then copying the text to a Word file. Another option is to use a PDF to Word converter. For Mac users, there is a different tool available and they can seek help from Adobe's website.
JohnMille
I'm writting my paper and need to extract some paragraph out of pdf materials, but the pdf can not be copied, so I need to convert them to word so that I can edit the text. They said pdf can be saved as word document using adobe so I don’t have to use another tool, but I have no idea how to operate it, there seems no a button to click to change the format? Anyone have the experience? Thanks so much!

Physics news on Phys.org
There’s a easy and free way, just go to docs.google.com, click the upload button to upload your pdf file. Remember to check the option "Convert text from PDF or image files to Google Docs documents " before you click the “start upload” button. After the upload is done you can find the converted file on your Google Docs, now copy the texts to an empty word file, done! With this method you can also convert pdf to ppt if you copy the converted tsts to your empty ppt file.
Or you can simply use a PDF to word converter which will save you a lot of time and trouble. Oh and If you’re using mac there should be a different tool. To find out how to convert pdf to word for mac you can also go to adobe’s website to ask for help.

Related to Can I convert pdf documents into word just using adobe?

1. Can I convert a PDF document into a Word document using only Adobe?

Yes, Adobe Acrobat is capable of converting PDF documents into Word documents. However, there may be some formatting issues or elements that do not convert perfectly.

2. Do I need a special version of Adobe to convert PDFs to Word?

No, any version of Adobe Acrobat is capable of converting PDF documents to Word documents. However, some newer versions may have more advanced features and better conversion capabilities.

3. Will all elements of a PDF document be preserved when converting to Word?

No, some elements such as images, tables, and special fonts may not convert perfectly. It is always recommended to review the converted document and make any necessary adjustments.

4. Can I convert multiple PDF documents into Word documents at once using Adobe?

Yes, Adobe Acrobat has a batch processing feature that allows you to convert multiple PDF documents to Word documents at once. This can be a time-saving option for converting large numbers of documents.

5. Is there a limit to the size of the PDF document that can be converted to Word using Adobe?

There is no specific limit to the size of the PDF document that can be converted to Word using Adobe. However, larger files may take longer to convert and may have a higher chance of encountering formatting issues.