Can I Charge LG-VX11000 with LGLP-AHLM Battery?

In summary, we discussed the model and battery details for an LG-VX11000 phone, which uses a Lithium-Ion Polymer Battery with a capacity of 3.7V 950mA. It is important to use a charger that is matched to the phone's battery to avoid damage. If you do not have a charger, you can try using a PC USB connector, but it is not guaranteed to work. The input voltage for charging a device can be either AC or DC, depending on the device's design. It is not recommended to charge a lithium battery with another battery without additional circuitry. It is best to use a designated emergency power bank or charger in case of a dead battery.
LightFantastic
Model NO: LG-VX11000
Battery model: LGLP-AHLM

Battery states Lithium-Ion Polymer Battery 3.7V 950mA

I do not have my charger.

Engineering news on Phys.org
LightFantastic said:
Model NO: LG-VX11000
Battery model: LGLP-AHLM

Battery states Lithium-Ion Polymer Battery 3.7V 950mA

I do not have my charger.

You should use a charger matched to your phone battery to avoid damage. What resources do you have available to you? Where are you ? (at work, home, travelling, etc.? -- can you ask others around you to borrow a charger?)

berkeman said:
You should use a charger matched to your phone battery to avoid damage. What resources do you have available to you? Where are you ? (at work, home, travelling, etc.? -- can you ask others around you to borrow a charger?)

Thank god Verizon allows you to sms over the web! The dilemma is resolved.

Is there a reason why some wall warts have an AC output? This was on a rechargeable dust buster. I understand when you recharge a battery, you're not really putting electricity back in, rather returning the battery to its original state. But in order to do that, wouldn't DC be mandatory?

Thanks

No, you cannot.

The internal charger requirements depend on the cell phone. Most need 5V, but requirements vary with regard to getting the phone to accept the charger (iphone, samsung, etc have different requirement for what happens on the data lines).

I think many will charge if you connect to a PC USB connector. (many have a micro-usb connector). I don't think you will damage the computer or the phone if you try that, but no guarantees.

Again, depends on the phone.

But you cannot charge from an ordinary external battery.

The input voltage to a device to charge its battery or operate it can be AC or DC depending on the charger design within the device itself. Battery charging is very complex, so there is generally a pretty sophisicated supply and control system to support it.

AC wall warts are cheaper and more robust. Again, depends on the device.

Thank you meBigGuy.

I assumed a 9V 950mA rechargeable battery could be charged with a 9v 950mA DC battery.

LightFantastic said:
I assumed a 9V 950mA rechargeable battery could be charged with a 9v 950mA DC battery.

Without additional circuitry at best you could charge it in half.

There are numerous types of emergency power banks, emergency mobile chargers and so on - just google them. For example "GP Instant Power", but there are many others.

Best thing you could wish for if you connect a dead lithium battery to a charged one is that it only catches on fire. Don't mess with lithium batteries.

Related to Can I Charge LG-VX11000 with LGLP-AHLM Battery?

1. Can I charge my LG-VX11000 with the LGLP-AHLM battery?

Yes, the LGLP-AHLM battery is compatible with the LG-VX11000 and can be used to charge it.

2. Is it safe to use the LGLP-AHLM battery to charge my LG-VX11000?

Yes, the LGLP-AHLM battery is specifically designed for use with the LG-VX11000 and is safe to use for charging.

3. How long does it take to fully charge the LG-VX11000 with the LGLP-AHLM battery?

The charging time will vary depending on the current charge level of the LG-VX11000 and the capacity of the LGLP-AHLM battery. On average, it takes around 2-3 hours to fully charge the LG-VX11000 with the LGLP-AHLM battery.

4. Can I use a different charger to charge the LG-VX11000 with the LGLP-AHLM battery?

No, it is recommended to use the charger that comes with the LGLP-AHLM battery as it is specifically designed for use with this battery and the LG-VX11000.

5. Is it okay to leave my LG-VX11000 charging with the LGLP-AHLM battery overnight?

It is generally safe to leave your device charging overnight. However, it is recommended to avoid overcharging your device as it can decrease the overall lifespan of the battery.