Can I assume that the velocity is the same?

In summary, the conversation discusses the calculation of "H" using Bernoulli and Manometry equations. The solution involves assuming that the velocity in the final part of the pipe is the same as the velocity with which the water comes out. The question is whether this assumption is correct, considering the neglect of viscous frictional pressure loss.
Queren Suriano

Homework Statement

Calculate "H"
upload_2015-5-12_17-17-36.png

Homework Equations

Bernoulli
Manometry

The Attempt at a Solution

I have calculated that Q=0.06723 m^3 /s
If I apply Bernoulli in the surface of the tank A and in out of the pipe, I have: H =(velocity in the final part of the pipe^2)/(2g). I have assumed that the Velocity in the final part of the pipe It is the same velocity with which the water comes out. I did this because I can't know the presurre in the final part of the pipe, and out of the pipe the manometric pressure is zero.

So MY QUESTION IS: Is correct to assume that the velocities at these points (in the final part of the pipe, and just outside the pipeline are the same??

Physics news on Phys.org
Sure, if you're neglecting the viscous frictional pressure loss.

Chet

Related to Can I assume that the velocity is the same?

1. Can I assume that the velocity is the same for all objects?

No, the velocity of an object can vary depending on factors such as its mass, direction of motion, and external forces acting upon it. Each object has its own unique velocity that can change over time.

2. Is velocity the same as speed?

No, velocity and speed are related concepts but they are not the same. Velocity is a vector quantity that describes both the magnitude and direction of an object's motion, while speed is a scalar quantity that only describes the magnitude of an object's motion.

3. How do I calculate velocity?

Velocity can be calculated by dividing the displacement of an object by the time it took to travel that distance. It is represented by the equation v = d/t, where v is velocity, d is displacement, and t is time.

4. Can velocity change without acceleration?

Yes, velocity can change without acceleration if the direction of motion changes. This is known as centripetal acceleration, where an object moves in a circular path at a constant speed but its velocity is constantly changing due to its changing direction.

5. Is velocity always constant?

No, velocity can change depending on the motion of an object. An object can have a constant velocity if it moves at a constant speed in a straight line, but it can also change if its speed or direction changes, resulting in a changing velocity.