Can heat be the cause of the expansion of the universe?

In summary, the website tells me that photons and neutrinos may have a collision and the heat produced from the kinetic energy will cause the universe to expand. but because of the neutrino- there will become a cooling effect. Then, the photon heats up the space again and the neutrino cools down. It's reapets over and over in infinity, just like the expansion of the universe.
Rockxaz
It's for a project at school. I really need some help...

I found this website...
http://www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu/~dhw/A873/notes6.pdf

and also here's my current work on my paper...

STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM

1.) Is heat present in the outer space?
1.1) Are there any matter/ energy that may carry or produce heat in the outer space?
1.2) How can that matter/ energy carry and produce heat as it travels in the universe?​
2.) Is there equal distribution of particles/ matter in the universe?
2.1) Where do those particles/ matter come from?
2.2) Would the expansion be concentrated in specific areas?​
3.) Is the universe really expanding?
3.1) Will the universe continue to expand?
3.2) May the universe contract if it cools down?
3.3) How can heat support the expansion of the universe?​

Thank you so much for all of your help.

And, additional information... I also came across a website that tells me that photons and neutrinos may have a collision and the heat produced from the kinetic energy will cause the universe to expand. but because of the neutrino- there will become a cooling effect. Then, the photon heats up the space again and the neutrino cools down. It's reapets over and over in infinity, just like the expansion of the universe.

Physics news on Phys.org
Rockxaz said:
It's for a project at school. I really need some help...

I found this website...
http://www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu/~dhw/A873/notes6.pdf

and also here's my current work on my paper...

STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM

1.) Is heat present in the outer space?
1.1) Are there any matter/ energy that may carry or produce heat in the outer space?
1.2) How can that matter/ energy carry and produce heat as it travels in the universe?​
2.) Is there equal distribution of particles/ matter in the universe?
2.1) Where do those particles/ matter come from?
2.2) Would the expansion be concentrated in specific areas?​
3.) Is the universe really expanding?
3.1) Will the universe continue to expand?
3.2) May the universe contract if it cools down?
3.3) How can heat support the expansion of the universe?​

Thank you so much for all of your help.

And, additional information... I also came across a website that tells me that photons and neutrinos may have a collision and the heat produced from the kinetic energy will cause the universe to expand. but because of the neutrino- there will become a cooling effect. Then, the photon heats up the space again and the neutrino cools down. It's reapets over and over in infinity, just like the expansion of the universe.

Hi there and welcome. I'm not sure what exactly the homework-helping policies are here, but here is a forum entirely for academic guidance. May I suggest you repost this there, and delete the original post here? I think you'd get a better reception. I assume we don't just DO your homework for you, but guide you to answers. That said, I'm new here too (relatively speaking)

The answer is no - we do not just hand out answers to people's homework questions. For two reasons:

1. It is typically cheating.
2. It is the wrong way to learn.

Please show some effort - attempt to answer the questions yourself and we can help guide from there.

russ_watters said:
The answer is no - we do not just hand out answers to people's homework questions. For two reasons:

1. It is typically cheating.
2. It is the wrong way to learn.

Please show some effort - attempt to answer the questions yourself and we can help guide from there.

Sorry for pitching in (one of the deleted posts). I made an a** out of u and me... typical.

Sorry, my bad.

Related to Can heat be the cause of the expansion of the universe?

1. How does heat cause the expansion of the universe?

According to the Big Bang theory, the universe began as a singularity with extremely high temperatures and densities. As the universe expanded, this heat energy was spread out and cooled, causing the expansion to accelerate.

2. Is heat the only factor contributing to the expansion of the universe?

No, in addition to heat, there are other factors such as dark energy and dark matter that also contribute to the expansion of the universe. These factors are still being studied and their exact roles in the expansion are not fully understood.

3. Can heat be considered a form of energy that drives the expansion of the universe?

Yes, heat is a form of energy and it is one of the driving forces behind the expansion of the universe. As mentioned before, the high temperatures and densities of the early universe led to the expansion we observe today.

4. How does heat affect the structure of the universe?

Heat plays a crucial role in the formation of structures in the universe. As the universe expands and cools, matter and energy clump together due to gravitational forces, eventually forming galaxies, stars, and other structures. Without heat, these structures would not have formed.

5. Can heat be linked to the expansion of the universe on a smaller scale?

Yes, heat can also be attributed to the expansion of the universe on a smaller scale, such as the expansion of galaxies and galaxy clusters. The heat energy from the Big Bang is still present in the universe and contributes to the overall expansion, even on smaller levels.