Can gravity be destroyed explain

In summary, gravity cannot be destroyed as it is a fundamental force resulting from the curvature of space. Even in free fall or at infinity, its effects cannot be completely eliminated. While it is possible to escape from the pull of gravity by reaching the Earth's escape velocity, the force itself cannot be destroyed.
joy1
can gravity be destroyed" explain

"can gravity be destroyed" explain

Physics news on Phys.org

Explain what you mean.

jetwaterluffy said:
Explain what you mean.

Not a physics person ... but it's an interesting question. Gravity results from the curvature of space. If you "straightened out" the curvature in a region of space, where would the gravity go?

I'm sure there's a very obvious physics answer ... if someone would supply it.

Another way to look at this ... suppose I lose weight. Then I've reduced the gravitational attraction between the Earth and my body. Where did that gravity go? Yes I'm sure this is a "dumb" question if one knows the answer ... but it's still interesting. I understand that if I lost weight, that mass didn't disappear. It went out into the rest of the physical universe in the form of body heat from the cellular combustion of burning off fat, etc.

But where did the gravitational attraction go??

simple answer to a simple question: no.

We can't even shield things against gravity, nor reverse gravity in anyway.

The only way I can potentially think of is that gravity is 'eliminated' in free fall. And by moving to the center of the Earth you could significantly reduce some of its effects.

edit: I guess if you move really far away from a gravitational source...to infinity... you can eliminate it's effects...but that's impractical in our universe.

joy1 said:
"can gravity be destroyed" explain

Impossible

i mean ... is that possible to create and destroy gravity? if yes?please give an example ...

SteveL27 said:
Not a physics person ... but it's an interesting question. Gravity results from the curvature of space. If you "straightened out" the curvature in a region of space, where would the gravity go?

I'm sure there's a very obvious physics answer ... if someone would supply it.

Another way to look at this ... suppose I lose weight. Then I've reduced the gravitational attraction between the Earth and my body. Where did that gravity go? Yes I'm sure this is a "dumb" question if one knows the answer ... but it's still interesting. I understand that if I lost weight, that mass didn't disappear. It went out into the rest of the physical universe in the form of body heat from the cellular combustion of burning off fat, etc.

But where did the gravitational attraction go??
thanks.. please send me a link to download physics ebook to clearup all those question.i.e. interesting topics of physics..

No,you cannot destroy gravity(gravitational force).But you can escape from the pull of the Earth towards its centre by traveling at the Earth's escape velocity(11.2 km/s) or greater.
Then you will be orbiting the earth.That's the most you can do.

Related to Can gravity be destroyed explain

1. Can gravity be destroyed?

No, gravity cannot be destroyed. It is a fundamental force of nature that exists everywhere in the universe.

2. How does gravity work?

Gravity is the force that attracts objects with mass towards each other. The larger the mass of an object, the stronger its gravitational pull.

3. Can we manipulate or control gravity?

Currently, we do not have the technology to manipulate or control gravity. However, scientists are researching and experimenting with ideas such as anti-gravity and gravitational waves.

4. Is gravity the same everywhere in the universe?

Yes, gravity is a universal force and it is the same everywhere in the universe. However, its strength may vary depending on the mass of objects in a particular area.

5. Can gravity be turned off?

No, gravity cannot be turned off. It is a natural force that is always present and necessary for the functioning of the universe.