Can electromagnetic waves be turned into each other?

Use the gamma ray generator to make gamma waves. Now you have turned radio waves into gamma waves.In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of converting radio waves into gamma waves using human force and different techniques such as wavelength shifters, acousto-optic modulators, and frequency doubling. The question also arises about whether gravitational red/blue shifting can also produce this conversion. The speaker suggests setting up a radio receiver to harvest energy and using a gamma ray generator to create gamma waves.
jukzzhd
hey, i was wondering if this can be possible by human force, if so why are we not finding this?

Physics news on Phys.org
What is the difference between "one electromagnetic wave" and "another one"? Does a mirror count?

If you want to change the frequency: this is possible with wavelength shifters, acousto-optic modulators, frequency doubling and a few other techiques.

Or simply affect a (large) difference in velocity between yourself and the emitter.

Does gravitational red/blue shifting also counts?

Hi jukzzhd,

I see that people had trouble with a previous question from you because you tried to translate it from your native language into English:

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/gas-pressure.784732/

After you tried again with more words and detail, people could see what you were really asking about. I suggest you try that here also.

actually i mean like, if we can turn radio waves into gamma waves ? sorry for the mistake I've made.

jukzzhd said:
actually i mean like, if we can turn radio waves into gamma waves ? sorry for the mistake I've made.
Set up a radio receiver to harvest the energy from radio waves to charge a large battery. Use the large battery to power a gamma ray generator.

Related to Can electromagnetic waves be turned into each other?

1. Can electromagnetic waves be converted into different forms of energy?

Yes, electromagnetic waves can be converted into other forms of energy, such as thermal energy, mechanical energy, and electrical energy. This can be achieved through various processes such as absorption, reflection, refraction, and scattering.

2. How can electromagnetic waves be converted into each other?

Electromagnetic waves can be converted into each other through a process called electromagnetic induction. This involves changing the magnetic field strength or direction, which then induces a change in the electric field, resulting in the conversion of one type of electromagnetic wave into another.

3. Is it possible to convert a high frequency electromagnetic wave into a low frequency one?

Yes, it is possible to convert a high frequency electromagnetic wave into a low frequency one. This can be achieved through a process called down-conversion, where the original wave is mixed with another wave of lower frequency, resulting in a new wave with a lower frequency.

4. Can all types of electromagnetic waves be converted into each other?

No, not all types of electromagnetic waves can be converted into each other. The conversion is dependent on the frequency and wavelength of the waves. For example, it is not possible to convert a radio wave into a visible light wave, as they have significantly different frequencies and wavelengths.

5. What are some practical applications of converting electromagnetic waves?

The conversion of electromagnetic waves has many practical applications, such as in wireless charging, radio and television broadcasting, medical imaging, and telecommunications. It also plays a crucial role in technologies such as radar, microwave ovens, and satellite communication.