Can black holes allow us to break the speed of light?

In summary, the "closing speed" of two massive black holes would *appear* to an outside observer to be 1.98c, but in reality it isn't because of the slowing down of time inside each object.
Grimstone
I always feel like I'm breaking some rule posting on here. As i am not a student of any class's.
I also always feel re state that I am not as educated as you, any of you. I also feel compelled to state that some reason I find the topics you talk about confusing and yet easy and the math is Greek to me.
That said, here I go.

I believe that the sound barrier and light barrier can and will be seen as a hypothetical boundary.Yes I am aware of Mach speeds.
But given that string theory was replaced by M as blood letting was replaced by lancing and other forms of treatment.

I understand that the "fabric of space and time" is not a physical one that we can touch per say. nor was the sound barrier.

I do not see why 2 massive black holes in orbit of each other throwing gravitational warps bends pulls and shoves, could not allow the subject to accelerate to as close to C (light speed?) as possible and use the (lack of better words, rip tide) to pass through/ go beyond the boundaries.

if we are a bubble of space/time in a sea of multidimensional planes of existence. I believe that it must be possible to step into the ocean and see the other beaches.

As I see it. This could very well be the only way we could. that is until Capt James T Kirk tells us how to warp space its self.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Did you have any actual physics questions or do you just want to make a bunch of speculative statements in violation of the rules?

I am sorry.
You are right. there was not a question in that.
please remove this thread
thank you

My first thoughts were "Star Trek" as I read it and then you mention Kirk at the end...

My first thoughts were "What is going on?" as I read it and then... they still are...

DaleSpam said:
Did you have any actual physics questions or do you just want to make a bunch of speculative statements in violation of the rules?

Oh geez...

Cut the dude some slack, he's thinking. That's better than the other 98% of people in the world out there.

To answer what I think your question is, to the best of my knowledge:

From inside one of those two black holes, time would slow down as they approached the speed of light, such that they could never actually have a "closing speed" of greater than c in relation to the second black hole.

From an outside observer, the two objects can appear to be moving towards each other at what appears to be, say .99c The "closing speed" (combined speed) of the two would *appear* to an outside observer to be 1.98c, but in reality it isn't because of the slowing down of time inside each object.

This may be completely wrong, but that's how I understand it anyhow.

Related to Can black holes allow us to break the speed of light?

What is the fabric of space and time?

The fabric of space and time, also known as spacetime, is a concept in physics that describes the interconnectedness of the three dimensions of space and the dimension of time. It is the framework in which all physical laws operate and enables the measurement of distances and durations.

How does the fabric of space and time affect gravity?

The fabric of space and time is affected by the presence of mass or energy, and this distortion creates what we perceive as the force of gravity. Objects with more mass cause a greater curvature in spacetime, resulting in a stronger gravitational pull.

Can the fabric of space and time be manipulated?

In theory, yes, the fabric of space and time can be manipulated. Einstein's theory of general relativity suggests that the presence of mass or energy can warp spacetime, and some scientists are exploring the possibility of using this to create wormholes or travel through time. However, such manipulation is still purely theoretical and has not been proven.

What is the relationship between the fabric of space and time and the speed of light?

The fabric of space and time is related to the speed of light through the concept of the speed of causality. This is the maximum speed at which any information or matter can travel through spacetime. The speed of light is the fastest possible speed at which anything can travel, making it a fundamental constant in the fabric of space and time.

What is the role of the fabric of space and time in the expansion of the universe?

The fabric of space and time plays a crucial role in the expansion of the universe. As the universe expands, the fabric of spacetime also expands, causing the distances between galaxies to increase. This expansion is driven by dark energy, a mysterious force that is thought to make up about 68% of the total energy density of the universe.