Can Anyone Suggest a Physics Textbook Without Online Solutions?

• Thread starter kq6up
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Text
In summary, for an AP Physics class, the teacher is facing difficulties with students overusing online solutions manuals and is looking for a textbook that does not have solutions available online as a supplement to their current textbook, Giancoli. The recommended textbook is Serway and Jewett, which covers both calculus and non-calculus concepts.
kq6up
I am teaching an AP Physics class with Giancoli. In past years, I have not had problems with students over using the solutions manual that is easy to find online. However, this year these students seem to have no self control in order not to look at the sol. manual before they finish their problem sets. I have decided to look for an older textbook that does not have the sol. online (anywhere). I have an ancient Sears and Z., but some of the questions use calculus. Anyone have a recommendation for a textbook that I can use as a supplement to Giancoli that does not have sol. in the wild?

Thanks,
kQ6Up

Physics news on Phys.org
I would recommend the Serway and Jewett textbook. It is a comprehensive textbook on physics and does not have solutions available online. It is also very comprehensive and covers concepts both with and without calculus.

Related to Can Anyone Suggest a Physics Textbook Without Online Solutions?

1. What is alternate text to Giancoli?

Alternate text to Giancoli is a reference material that serves as an alternative to the Giancoli physics textbook. It provides a different perspective and explanation of concepts covered in the textbook.

2. Who is the author of Alternate Text to Giancoli?

The author of Alternate Text to Giancoli is not specified as it is a compilation of various sources and authors that provide additional explanations and examples to supplement the Giancoli textbook.

3. How is Alternate Text to Giancoli helpful for students?

Alternate Text to Giancoli can be helpful for students who may struggle with understanding concepts in the textbook. It offers different explanations and examples that may better suit their learning style and help them grasp the material better.

4. Is Alternate Text to Giancoli a replacement for the textbook?

No, Alternate Text to Giancoli is not meant to replace the textbook. It is meant to be used as a supplement and provide additional resources for students who may need extra help in understanding the material.

5. Where can I find Alternate Text to Giancoli?

Alternate Text to Giancoli can be found online through various sources such as educational websites, forums, and study groups. It may also be available in some libraries or can be purchased as an e-book.