Can anyone recommend an integrator op amp?

In summary: MHz range.In summary, Paul is looking for a suitable op-amp with low input bias current and sufficient bandwidth to integrate 15 volt 65nS pulses at a repetition rate of 100Khz with a 20uS time constant. Suggestions include the TLC27M2AID with 1pA input bias current and an 800MHz bandwidth, or other options with a high GBW and low input bias current in the 7-8 MHz range.
ElecTec
Hi,

I'm building an integrator using an op-amp to integrate 15 volt 65nS pulses at a repetition rate of 100Khz using a 20uS time constant.

Can anyone recommend a suitable op-amp for this application. It needs to have very low input bias current to minimise d.c. drift and have sufficient bandwidth. The cost is not important but it needs to be readily available.

Many Thanks.

Paul.

Engineering news on Phys.org
No opamp is going to respond to 65ns pulses. Can you say more about what you are trying to do? We may still be able to suggest some ways to accomplish what you want.

Hi,

Thanks for replying to my query.

The input pulse is gaussian in shape and 65nS wide. Taking this as approximating to half a sine wave I calculated the periodic time to be 130nS. This is a frequency of 7.69Mhz and I thought I would be able to get a suitable op amp with that bandwidth and low input current.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Paul.

how low input bias, is pA standard? just use a regular op amp should work
do a search at digikey compare.
TLC27M2AID has 1pA input bias current, bandwidth 800MHz

Look for something on TI that has a high GBW (gain bandwidth product)

Related to Can anyone recommend an integrator op amp?

1. What is an integrator op amp?

An integrator op amp is a type of operational amplifier that integrates the input signal over time. It can be used to perform mathematical operations such as differentiation and integration on electrical signals.

2. How does an integrator op amp work?

An integrator op amp has a feedback loop that consists of a capacitor and a resistor. The capacitor stores charge and the resistor controls the rate at which the capacitor charges and discharges. This creates an output voltage that is proportional to the integral of the input voltage over time.

3. What are the common applications of an integrator op amp?

Integrator op amps are commonly used in analog computers, signal processing circuits, and control systems. They can also be used in low-pass filters, waveform generators, and function generators.

4. How do I choose the right integrator op amp for my application?

When choosing an integrator op amp, consider factors such as input voltage range, output voltage range, bandwidth, and slew rate. It is important to also consider the specific requirements of your application and consult the manufacturer's datasheet for more detailed specifications.

5. Can you recommend a specific integrator op amp?

There are many manufacturers that produce integrator op amps, and the best one for your application will depend on your specific requirements. Some popular options include the LM741, TL081, and AD623. It is important to compare and evaluate different options to find the best fit for your needs.