Can anyone offer advice on landing a job at Space-X or similar companies?

• Physics
  • Thread starter Aaron M
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Job Space
In summary, the person is currently pursuing a B.Sc in physics and is determined to work for a company like Space-X in order to contribute to humanity's exploration and colonization of space. They are seeking advice from anyone who works for Space-X or similar companies on how to achieve their goal and stand out in their job application. Their short term goal is to work as an entry level engineer while also pursuing a M.Sc in material physics. They express their gratitude in advance for any advice.
Aaron M
I am currently in the last stretch of my B.Sc in physics( in the U.S) and I am completely set on working for a company like Space-X, I have decided my life goal is to help advance humanity's exploration/colonization of space. That being said, does anyone work for Space-X or similar companies that could offer advice on how I could carve my path or have an edge landing a career there? I am very open to a variety of jobs, I just want to be a part of the progress. My current short term goal is to work as an entry level engineer while continuing my education with a M.Sc in material physics.

Thank you in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
Aaron M said:
I am currently in the last stretch of my B.Sc in physics( in the U.S) and I am completely set on working for a company like Space-X, I have decided my life goal is to help advance humanity's exploration/colonization of space. That being said, does anyone work for Space-X or similar companies that could offer advice on how I could carve my path or have an edge landing a career there? I am very open to a variety of jobs, I just want to be a part of the progress. My current short term goal is to work as an entry level engineer while continuing my education with a M.Sc in material physics.

Thank you in advance
http://www.spacex.com/careers

:smile:

Related to Can anyone offer advice on landing a job at Space-X or similar companies?

1. How can I apply for a job at Space-X?

To apply for a job at Space-X, you can visit our careers website and browse through the available job listings. Once you find a position that interests you, click on the "Apply" button and follow the instructions to submit your application. You can also create a profile on our website to receive job alerts and stay updated on future openings.

2. What qualifications do I need to have to work at Space-X?

At Space-X, we look for individuals who are passionate, driven, and have a strong understanding of their field. The specific qualifications for each job may vary, but in general, we look for candidates with relevant education, experience, and skills. To see the specific requirements for each job listing, please visit our careers website.

3. What is the hiring process like at Space-X?

The hiring process at Space-X typically involves an online application, followed by a phone interview, and then an in-person interview. The in-person interview may include technical assessments and interviews with multiple team members. We also conduct background checks and drug screenings before extending an offer.

4. Are there any internship opportunities at Space-X?

Yes, we offer internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students in various departments at Space-X. These internships are typically for a duration of 3-6 months and provide hands-on experience in a fast-paced and innovative environment. To see the available internship positions, please visit our careers website.

5. What is the culture like at Space-X?

At Space-X, we have a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We value diversity and inclusion and strive to create a supportive and inclusive work environment for all employees. We also have a strong focus on safety and hold our employees to the highest standards of excellence. To learn more about our culture, you can visit our website or follow us on social media.