Can anyone here explain how did he get it.

• Thread starter sarah22
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Explain
In summary, The confusion in the conversation was due to forgetting the dx part in the integral. By substituting u for e^x, the integral becomes \int \frac{u^2}{u+3}\frac{du}{u}, which simplifies to \int \frac{u}{u+3}du. The issue was resolved and the conversation ended on a positive note.
sarah22
I thought it is (e^x)^2 with u = e^x
so it should be u^2 but he get only u without a square. Can anyone here explain it.

The red box.
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3272/whatj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Put in between the red box and the previous line:
[tex]\int\frac{u}{u+3}\,du[/tex]

sarah22 said:
I thought it is (e^x)^2 with u = e^x
so it should be u^2 but he get only u without a square. Can anyone here explain it.

The red box.
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3272/whatj.png
[/URL]
Hi
Because [tex]\int \frac{(e^x)^2}{e^x+3}dx\rightarrow u=e^x\Rightarrow du=e^xdx \Rightarrow dx=\frac{du}{e^x}[/tex]
So,

[tex]\int \frac{u^2}{u+3}\frac{du}{u}=\int \frac{u}{u+3}du[/tex]

Last edited by a moderator:
LMAO. I forgot the dx part. woah. Laziness is here.

Anyway, Thanks. I got it now. (^_^)

sarah22 said:
LMAO. I forgot the dx part. woah. Laziness is here.

Anyway, Thanks. I got it now. (^_^)

:smile:

Related to Can anyone here explain how did he get it.

1. How did he get it?

The way he got it may vary depending on the specific scenario. However, it can be due to various factors such as luck, skill, hard work, or the help of others.

2. What was the process behind him getting it?

The process behind him getting it can also vary. It may have involved research, experimentation, collaboration, or a combination of different methods.

3. Can you explain the steps he took to get it?

The specific steps he took to get it may not be fully known or may be complex. However, it likely involved a series of actions and decisions that ultimately led to the desired outcome.

4. Was it difficult for him to get it?

The difficulty level of obtaining it can vary greatly. It may have been a challenging and lengthy process, or it could have been a relatively easy and straightforward task.

5. Are there any resources or tools that helped him get it?

In most cases, there are resources or tools that can assist in getting it. These could include technology, equipment, data, or other forms of support that aided in the process.