Can Acceleration and Motion Principles Solve These Physics Problems?

In summary, an object is thrown downward with a speed of 10 m/s from a bridge. Accelerating under gravity (9.8 m/s2), the object strikes the water 1.8 s later. From what height above the water was the object thrown? (Assume 2 significant digits.)
Rade1990

Homework Statement

1.Two runners accelerate from rest with the acceleration of runner A twice that of runner B. After accelerating for a given time, the speed of runner A will be twice that of runner B.
is this right or wrong?

2.An ball is thrown vertically upward. At the top of its flight, both the ball's velocity and acceleration are zero.
Is this right or wrong?

3.An object is thrown downward with a speed of 10 m/s from a bridge. Accelerating under gravity (9.8 m/s2), the object strikes the water 1.8 s later. From what height above the water was the object thrown? (Assume 2 significant digits.)
what is the right answer?

4.A stone is thrown downward from a window. Accelerating under gravity (9.8 m/s2), the stone hits the ground 2.6 s later with a speed of 20.0 m/s. From what height above the ground was it thrown?
what is the right answer?

5.An 80.4-km trip takes a time of 0.75 h to complete. The average speed, expressed in the correct manner, is?

6.An rockis thrown vertically upward at 25.0 m/s. If it experiences an acceleration due to gravity of 9.8 m/s2 [down], what is the rock's velocity 3.0 s later?

Homework Equations

v2=v1+a(change in time)
v=d/t
(delta D)= v1(change in time) +1/2a (change in time)squared
there are some more that i probably don't know

The Attempt at a Solution

1. i got that number 1 is wrong
2.i got that number 2 is right
3. i got 27m
4,5,6 i had no clue

HELP ME FAST PLEASE!

Physics news on Phys.org
for question 4 i got 85m

for question 5 i got
107.2 i don't know which way is right is it
1)
1.1 × 102 km/h
2)
107.2 km/h
4 )
1 × 102 km/h
5)
1.072 × 102 km/h

for 6 i got -4.4
i used v2=v1 +a(change in time)
v2+25+(-9.8)(3.0)
i got -4.4
Therefore it has hit the ground?

1) is right. 2) is wrong. You tell me why. That's a really bad start. Those were easy. And it doesn't get better after that. You don't understand this stuff well enough for a quick answer to really help you. Ask these questions again, one at a time, when you have the time to actually learn this subject.

nvm i got it all

That's good. You learn quickly.

im stupid sometimes its so easy i think it can't be like that lol

Related to Can Acceleration and Motion Principles Solve These Physics Problems?

1. What is linear motion?

Linear motion is the movement of an object along a straight line. It can be described using distance, displacement, speed, and acceleration.

2. What are some examples of linear motion?

Some examples of linear motion include a car driving on a straight road, a ball rolling down a ramp, and a person walking in a straight line.

3. How is linear motion different from rotational motion?

Linear motion involves movement along a straight line, while rotational motion involves movement around a fixed axis. Linear motion can also be described using distance and displacement, while rotational motion uses angular displacement and velocity.

4. What affects the speed of an object in linear motion?

The speed of an object in linear motion is affected by its acceleration, mass, and the force acting on it. Inertia also plays a role in determining the speed of an object.

5. How can I calculate the distance traveled in linear motion?

The distance traveled in linear motion can be calculated using the formula distance = speed x time. Alternatively, if the object's acceleration is known, the formula distance = 0.5 x acceleration x time^2 can be used.