Can a classical model for electron satisfy requirements of quantum mechanics?

In summary, the two papers present a classical model for the particle electron which can satisfy requirements of the three modern theories: quantum mechanics, special relativity, and electrodynamics.
mane.dada
I recently saw two connected articles in AIP Advances. The attempt is to generate a classical model for the particle electron which can satisfy requirements of the three modern theories: quantum mechanics, special relativity and electrodynamics.

1) Mathematical model I. Electron and quantum mechanics.
Nitin Ramchandra Gadre. AIP Advances 1, 012105 (2011); doi:10.1063/1.3559460. Online Publication Date: 1 March 2011.
2) Mathematical model II. Basic particle and special relativity.
Nitin Ramchandra Gadre. AIP Advances 1, 012106 (2011); doi:10.1063/1.3559461. Online Publication Date: 1 March 2011.

The papers deal with only the preliminary aspects of the new theories. Still, I believe that the approach may lead to some understanding of the phenomenon (to some extent) in classical manner. These and similar classical concepts by other experts may be discussed and debated by the physics community.

Physics news on Phys.org
I wouldn't call SR or E&M (especially) "modern" haha...

The author of above papers has called those theories which are postulate based and not based on a classical picture of the physical system under study as modern/new theories.

mane.dada said:
I recently saw two connected articles in AIP Advances.

Don't you mean "wrote"? Because every single thing you've posted here has been pushing those articles. (And have accordingly been deleted, it seems)

And they're a load of incoherent nonsense, which probably wouldn't be published if it hadn't been that "AIP Advances" charges authors for publishing.

I did not write any articles. My only aim was to present a classical view point to experts for comments. It’s O.K. even if you find the approach unacceptable and I do not wish to continue this discussion any further.

I could read the above two papers as they are freely available (as advertised on the AIP Advances website, first 100 articles free to author also) to the readers. I have tried to find out material in support and against classical approaches on Internet. A journal 'Common Sense Science' supporting classical approaches gives main problem of advanced scientific theories as "cause and effect relationships are replaced with random chance events." Whereas in the paper 'The Classical Electron Problem' by Tepper L. Gill, W. W. Zachary and J.Lindesay (http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/physics/pdf/0405/0405131v1.pdf), it is stated that "The use of particles of finite radius causes serious problems with Lorentz invariance." Mainstream physicists are arguing that experiments have not shown any substructure to electron whereas supporters of classical approach find a picture of point particle with spin unacceptable.
Another paper "Models of the Classical Electron after a Century" by J.L. Jimenez and I. Campos in 'Foundations of Physics Letters' (Vol 12,1999) seems to have discussed many such models and some related problems. This article is available only on payment basis. I am trying to understand all the Q.M. interpretations as I find each one interesting. I do not wish to participate in any debate but I shall be grateful if I am suggested good textbooks or journal articles.

Related to Can a classical model for electron satisfy requirements of quantum mechanics?

1) Can classical models accurately describe the behavior of electrons?

No, classical models cannot fully capture the behavior of electrons as they do not account for the principles of quantum mechanics, such as wave-particle duality and uncertainty.

2) What are the major differences between classical and quantum models of electrons?

The major differences lie in the principles they are based on. Classical models view electrons as particles with well-defined trajectories, whereas quantum models treat them as waves with probabilistic locations.

3) Can a classical model be modified to incorporate quantum principles?

Yes, classical models can be modified to include some aspects of quantum mechanics, such as the Bohr model which incorporates quantized energy levels. However, they still cannot fully satisfy all the requirements of quantum mechanics.

4) Why is it important to understand the limitations of classical models for electrons?

It is important to understand these limitations because classical models may provide inaccurate or incomplete explanations for certain phenomena. In order to fully understand the behavior of electrons and other quantum particles, a quantum mechanical approach is necessary.

5) Are there any situations where a classical model for electrons can be used instead of a quantum model?

Yes, in macroscopic scales and certain systems, classical models can provide accurate approximations. However, in order to fully understand and predict the behavior of electrons, a quantum model must be used.