Creating an Aurora Lights Model for School Fair

In summary, to create an Aurora Lights model for a school fair, you will need a clear container, water, a light source, and materials such as glitter, oil, and food coloring. The best light source to use is an LED light, as it can easily create different colors and intensities. The time it takes to create the model will depend on its complexity, but it typically takes 30 minutes to an hour. Children can create this model with adult supervision, but younger children may need assistance. Safety precautions should be taken, such as using non-toxic materials and supervising children during the process.
benzun_1999
hi all,

In our school there is a geography fair and i was just wondering weather it is possible to create aurura lights model.

i feel using a hologram a fairly good model can be made. But i want something more better. I hope some one can help me. :confused:

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
why don't u try using a cathode ray tube with some easily ionizable gas in it... place this apparatus in a dark room and lo behold, u have beautiful lights

i will try it out

1. How do you create an Aurora Lights model for a school fair?

To create an Aurora Lights model for a school fair, you will need a few materials such as a clear container, water, a light source, and materials to create the aurora lights effect such as glitter, oil, and food coloring. Begin by filling the container with water and adding a few drops of food coloring and glitter. Then, add a layer of oil on top of the water. Finally, shine a light source on the container to create the aurora lights effect.

2. What kind of light source should be used to create the Aurora Lights effect?

The best light source to use for creating the Aurora Lights effect is an LED light. LED lights produce a wide spectrum of colors and can easily be adjusted to create different shades and intensities, making them perfect for creating the colorful and vibrant aurora lights.

3. How long does it take to create an Aurora Lights model?

The time it takes to create an Aurora Lights model for a school fair will depend on the complexity of the model and the materials used. However, on average, it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour to create a basic model with simple materials.

4. Can this model be created by children?

Yes, this model can be created by children with adult supervision. It is a fun and educational project that can be enjoyed by children of all ages. However, younger children may need assistance with handling the materials and creating the different layers in the container.

5. Are there any safety precautions to consider when creating an Aurora Lights model?

Yes, there are a few safety precautions to consider when creating an Aurora Lights model. It is important to use non-toxic materials and to handle them with care to avoid any accidents. Additionally, make sure to use a safe and appropriate light source and to supervise children at all times during the creation process.