Calculating x with an Annuity and Annual Rate of 44%”

In summary: Step 5:Total value of x is the monthly payment calculated in step 4.In summary, the problem involves a car being purchased for 12 million and repaid through 48 monthly payments of x and 16 quarterly payments of 400,000 at a 44% effective annual rate. To solve, the quarterly and monthly rates are set up to result in a 44% effective annual rate and the monthly payment is calculated to be $353,137.09, which is the value of x.
yume
A car is purchased by 12 million by paying 48 monthly fee due to x each quarterly fee due and 400 000 each for four years .

If a rate of 44% effective annual, determine the value of x .

Answer from textbook is $353 137.09

Ussualy, in problems I've seen, annuity is separated, but here is combine.
I tried solving by present and future value, but i always get a negative value, and really far from the answer.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
yume said:
A car is purchased by 12 million by paying 48 monthly fee due to x each quarterly fee due and 400 000 each for four years .

If a rate of 44% effective annual, determine the value of x .

Answer from textbook is $353 137.09

Ussualy, in problems I've seen, annuity is separated, but here is combine.
I tried solving by present and future value, but i always get a negative value, and really far from the answer.
Looks like you mean loan is repaid with 48 monthly payments of x
plus 16 quarterly payments of 400,000, at 44% effective annual.

Step 1:
Set up quarterly rate to result in 44% effective annual:
(1 + i)^4 = 1.44 ; you'll get i = .095445115...

Step 2:
u = PV of the 400,000 quarterly payments using above rate

Step 3:
Set up monthly rate to result in 44% effective annual:
(1 + i)^12 = 1.44 ; you'll get i = .03085332...

Step 4:
Calculate monthly payment required to repay (12,000,000 - u)
over 48 months using above rate

Related to Calculating x with an Annuity and Annual Rate of 44%”

What is an annuity and how is it used in calculating x with an annual rate of 44%?

An annuity is a financial product that involves a series of equal payments made at regular intervals over a certain period of time. In the context of calculating x with an annual rate of 44%, an annuity can be used to determine the present value of a future sum of money at a 44% annual interest rate.

What is the formula for calculating x with an annuity and annual rate of 44%?

The formula for calculating x with an annuity and annual rate of 44% is: x = (PMT * (1 - (1 + r)^-n)) / r, where PMT is the payment amount, r is the annual interest rate (in decimal form), and n is the number of periods.

Can an annuity be used for both present value and future value calculations?

Yes, an annuity can be used for both present value and future value calculations. In the context of calculating x with an annual rate of 44%, an annuity can be used to determine the present value of a future sum of money or the future value of a present sum of money at a 44% annual interest rate.

What are the key factors to consider when using an annuity for calculating x with an annual rate of 44%?

When using an annuity for calculating x with an annual rate of 44%, it is important to consider the payment amount, the annual interest rate, and the number of periods. These factors will determine the present value or future value of the annuity.

Are there any risks associated with using an annuity for calculating x with an annual rate of 44%?

Like any financial product, there are potential risks associated with using an annuity for calculating x with an annual rate of 44%. These risks include changes in interest rates, inflation, and the stability of the financial institution offering the annuity. It is important to carefully consider these risks before making any financial decisions.