Calculating Shoe Size Frequencies: Understanding and Solving for Missing Data

In summary, the conversation is discussing how to determine the frequency of size 4 shoes in a set of sold shoes. The person is confused about how to calculate the frequency and asks for clarification. The expert suggests using the formula for frequency, which is the number of pairs of shoes sold in a given size divided by the total number of pairs of shoes sold. They also point out an error in the given frequencies. The conversation ends with the person thanking the expert for their help.
koiuuuuuuuuuuu
Moved from a technical forum, so homework template missing.
I 'am stuck at , what fraction of the shoes were size 4 I know the frequency is missing. The frequencies are 8,9,9,3,1.
My thinking you how to add the frequencies and put 4 over it. Explain to me if I'm wrong.
Thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
koiuuuuuuuuuuu said:
My thinking you how to add the frequencies and put 4 over it. Explain to me if I'm wrong.
How many shoes were sold in total (the "frequency" thing seems weird to me for some reason) and how many were sold of size 4?

koiuuuuuuuuuuu said:
I 'am stuck at , what fraction of the shoes were size 4 I know the frequency is missing. The frequencies are 8,9,9,3,1.
Count again. There are no repeated frequencies.
koiuuuuuuuuuuu said:
Why would you use 4?
The frequency (or relative frequency) for a given show size is ##\frac{\text{number of pairs of shoes sold of a given size}}{\text{total number of pairs of shoes sold of all sizes}}##

koiuuuuuuuuuuu said:
View attachment 242453 I 'am stuck at , what fraction of the shoes were size 4 I know the frequency is missing. The frequencies are 8,9,9,3,1.
Thanks in advance
Check the third frequency, does not seem to agree with the tally.

Related to Calculating Shoe Size Frequencies: Understanding and Solving for Missing Data

1. What is the purpose of calculating shoe size frequencies?

The purpose of calculating shoe size frequencies is to understand the distribution of shoe sizes within a population. This can help with inventory management, product development, and customer satisfaction.

2. How do you calculate shoe size frequencies?

To calculate shoe size frequencies, you need to collect data on the shoe sizes of a sample population. Then, you can use this data to create a frequency table or graph, which shows the number of individuals with each shoe size.

3. What is missing data in the context of calculating shoe size frequencies?

Missing data refers to any shoe size information that is not available or not collected in the sample population. This could be due to incomplete surveys, data entry errors, or individuals not providing their shoe size.

4. How do you solve for missing data when calculating shoe size frequencies?

There are a few methods for solving missing data when calculating shoe size frequencies. One approach is to estimate the missing data based on the available data and the overall distribution of shoe sizes. Another method is to exclude the missing data from the analysis, but this may lead to biased results.

5. What are the limitations of calculating shoe size frequencies?

One limitation is that the sample population may not be representative of the entire population, which can lead to inaccurate frequency calculations. Additionally, the accuracy of the data relies on individuals providing their correct shoe size, which may not always be the case. Finally, calculating frequencies does not take into account other factors such as foot shape or width, which can also impact shoe size selection.