Calculating Projectile Angle and Velocity with Vertical Launch: Explained

• Thread starter rea
  • Start date
In summary, the final velocity of a fragment is the smallest when it is traveling with its initial velocity angle parallel to the ground.
rea
Ok, after some work, it seem that I am not able to do this exercises, over even get something that describe them...

If a projectile explode at and height of h the movement was vertical (the highest point in the vertical direction is h). The pieces fall in all directions, but all of them have the same speed v. The resistance of the iar is despreciable. Calculate the most short angle (¿acute?) that the velocity will form with the ground.

I don't know even how to handle it... I can see what is asked in some way, but don't know what to plug.The next one, I'm more near, but unable to continue.

From a height y=h a particle is launched vertically, what is the time and velocity for the particle to do contact with y = 0.

here is what I have so far:
Deducing...
[tex]a_y = -g [/tex]
[tex]v_y = -gt+V_0 [/tex]
[tex]y = -\frac{1}{2}gt^2+v_0t [/tex]

If [tex]V_y [/tex] eq 0 then the particle is at [tex]y_{max} [/tex] and [tex]t_{max} [/tex] is the time for get there...

[tex]0 = -gt_{max} + v_0 [/tex]
[tex]t = \frac{v_0}{g} [/tex]

then
[tex]y_{max} = -\frac{1}{2}g\left(\frac{v_0}{g}\right)^2+\frac{v_0v_0}{g} [/tex]
[tex] = \frac{v_0^2}{2g} [/tex]

[/tex]

Now follow a new problem, where d = h + [tex]y_{max}[/tex]
With start conditions...

[tex]
a = g [/tex]
[tex]v_0=0 [/tex]
[tex]t_0=0 [/tex]
[tex]p_0 = 0 [/tex]

And in the other end of the line:
[tex]a=g [/tex]
[tex]v_f = ? [/tex]
[tex]t_f = ? [/tex]
[tex]p_f = d = h + y_{max} [/tex]I know that this is easy, but now what?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah. Just set y=0 and solve from there. Use y=y0 + V0T + (1/2)aT^2. Solve for T.

I think you're forgetting some information in the other problem.

I only don't put the answer that need be proved (I write it in short).

Perhaps my translatio to english in the question is wrong...

Calculate the most short angle (¿acute?) that the velocity will form with the ground.

Here is again:

calculate the shortes (the littlest) angle that the final velocity of a fragment will do with the horizontal. Solution [tex] tan^{-1}\left[\left(2gh\right)^{\frac{1}{2}} / v \right] [/tex].

Perhaps that.

Last edited:
If a piece leaves the explosion traveling with its velocity straight DOWN,
what is the angle that its final velocity makes with the ground?

If a different piece leaves the explosion with initial velocity straight UP,

If some piece leaves the explosion with its initial velocity HORIZONTAL,

Which final velocity angle is smallest?
Can you find the final velocity angle as a function of initial velocity angle?
If so, you can show that horizontal initial velocity should give the smallest final angle, if it is not obvious already (you do want the largest horizontal component, right? and the smallest vertical component...) set [tex]\frac{d\theta_{final}}{d\theta_{init}} = 0[/tex]

Last edited:

Related to Calculating Projectile Angle and Velocity with Vertical Launch: Explained

1. What are cinematic problems?

Cinematic problems refer to technical issues or challenges encountered during the creation or presentation of a film. These can include problems with the camera, lighting, sound, or other technical aspects of filmmaking.

2. What are some common cinematic problems?

Some common cinematic problems include camera malfunctions or errors, issues with lighting such as shadows or glare, sound quality problems, and issues with special effects or visual effects.

3. How do filmmakers solve cinematic problems?

Filmmakers can solve cinematic problems through a variety of methods, such as adjusting camera settings, using different lighting techniques, or editing and post-production techniques. They may also seek the help of experienced technicians or experts in the field.

4. Can cinematic problems affect the overall quality of a film?

Yes, cinematic problems can significantly impact the overall quality of a film. Technical issues or errors can be distracting to viewers and take away from the intended experience or message of the film.

5. Are cinematic problems common in the film industry?

Yes, cinematic problems are common in the film industry and are a normal part of the filmmaking process. Even experienced filmmakers encounter technical issues and must find solutions to overcome them.