Calculating Equations of Satellite Motion for Scientists

In summary, the conversation is about calculating equations for satellite motion and utilizing Google for further understanding and guidance. The original question was about making a satellite.
bryan goh
how to calculate equations of satellite motion because I just thought to make it

Physics news on Phys.org
bryan goh said:
how to calculate equations of satellite motion because I just thought to make it
Google is your friend! :smile:

To make a satellite?

DrSteve said:
To make a satellite?

that wasn't your original Q,

As berkeman suggested, google your Q then come back with references to anything you didn't understand
and see if some one can guide your through :smile:

davenn said:
that wasn't your original Q,

I think you have your OP confused...

glappkaeft said:
I think you have your OP confused...
No big deal. That never happens to me, though... :wink:

Likes sophiecentaur

Related to Calculating Equations of Satellite Motion for Scientists

What is the satellite position equation?

The satellite position equation is a mathematical formula used to calculate the position of a satellite in orbit around a larger body, such as the Earth. It takes into account factors such as the satellite's velocity, acceleration, and the gravitational pull of the larger body.

Why is the satellite position equation important?

The satellite position equation is important because it allows scientists and engineers to accurately predict the location of satellites in space. This is crucial for a variety of applications, such as satellite navigation, communication, and weather forecasting.

How is the satellite position equation derived?

The satellite position equation is derived from Newton's laws of motion and the law of universal gravitation. These laws describe how objects move and interact with each other in space, and the satellite position equation uses these principles to calculate the position of a satellite at any given time.

What factors does the satellite position equation take into account?

The satellite position equation takes into account the satellite's initial position, velocity, and acceleration, as well as the gravitational pull of the larger body it is orbiting. It also considers any external forces acting on the satellite, such as atmospheric drag.

Can the satellite position equation be used for any satellite in orbit?

No, the satellite position equation is only applicable for satellites in circular or elliptical orbits around a larger body. It cannot be used for satellites in highly irregular or unstable orbits, such as those in geostationary or Molniya orbits.