Calculating Current Through Compensation Winding in Cascade Voltage Transformer

In summary, the conversation discusses a cascade voltage transformer made from two identical units. The load on the secondary winding takes 1A, and the number of compensation and secondary windings are equal. The goal is to find the current through the compensation winding, Ic. After calculations and feedback, it is determined that Ic is equal to 0.5A. There is a discussion about theta and an offer to share a diagram for clarification.
track
Got cascade voltage transformer made from two completely identical units.
On secondary winding, load takes I2=1A
Number of compensation and secondary windings is equal.
I need to find current trough compensation winding Ic
θ1 = θ2
--> θ1 = I1N1 + IcNc - I2N2

--> θ2 = I1N1 - IcNc

--> I2N2 = 2IcNc

--> Nc = N2

--> Ic = I2 /2

--> Ic = 0.5 AI did it like this and get feedback that this is wrong without explanation. So, I would be grateful if someone can explain me what is wrong here. I can post scheme if needed.
Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
track said:
Got cascade voltage transformer made from two completely identical units.
On secondary winding, load takes I2=1A
Number of compensation and secondary windings is equal.
I need to find current trough compensation winding Ic

θ1 = θ2
--> θ1 = I1N1 + IcNc - I2N2

--> θ2 = I1N1 - IcNc

--> I2N2 = 2IcNc

--> Nc = N2

--> Ic = I2 /2

--> Ic = 0.5 A

I did it like this and get feedback that this is wrong without explanation. So, I would be grateful if someone can explain me what is wrong here. I can post scheme if needed.
Thanks in advance.

Can you post a diagram labelling things? And what is theta?

I found this is correct solution, so no need to torture you any moore.

*Theta is electrical flow. If you are interested, I'll sent you sheme.

Regards

Related to Calculating Current Through Compensation Winding in Cascade Voltage Transformer

1. What is a Cascade Voltage Transformer?

A Cascade Voltage Transformer (CVT) is a type of voltage transformer used to measure high voltages in power systems. It is a combination of two or more capacitive voltage transformers connected in series to achieve high accuracy and insulation levels.

2. How does a Cascade Voltage Transformer work?

A CVT works by converting the high voltage to a lower voltage through the use of capacitors. The capacitors are connected in a series circuit and the voltage across each capacitor is directly proportional to the voltage being measured. The output voltage is then measured and scaled to the desired measurement range.

3. What are the advantages of using a Cascade Voltage Transformer?

Some advantages of using a CVT include high accuracy, low power consumption, and high insulation levels. It is also suitable for use in high voltage transmission lines and can operate in harsh environments with minimal maintenance requirements.

4. How is a Cascade Voltage Transformer different from other types of voltage transformers?

A CVT differs from other types of voltage transformers in that it uses capacitors instead of inductive coils for voltage conversion. This allows for higher accuracy and lower power consumption compared to other types of voltage transformers.

5. What is the difference between a single-stage and multi-stage Cascade Voltage Transformer?

A single-stage CVT consists of two capacitors connected in series, while a multi-stage CVT has more than two capacitors connected in series. Multi-stage CVTs provide higher accuracy and insulation levels, making them suitable for use in higher voltage systems.