Calculate Load Angel & Pole Wheel Voltage Up

• Thread starter robax25
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Generator
In summary, the conversation discusses the nominal power, voltage, line frequency, number of pole pairs, and synchronous reactance of a generator. It is mentioned that there is no reactive power and the generator can be assumed as lossless. The formula and solution for calculating load angle and pole wheel voltage is also provided, with a sketch attached. However, it is noted that the sketch may be incorrect and there is confusion about the representation of UN=3000V[Y]. It is clarified that this voltage is between phases and the power can be calculated using the formula √3.I.UN.cos(ϕ).
robax25
Nominal power PN= 3MVA
Nominal Voltage UN= 3000v (Y)
Line frequency f=50 Hz
Number of ole pairs= 2
Synchronous Reactance X1= 2.5 ohms

There is no reactive power and the generator can be assumed as lossless.

Please calculate Load angel and pole wheel voltage Up

Formula and my solution,
I=PN/UN
I=3MVA/3000V
I=1000AUN=XI +Up
Up= 3000v-2.5*1000A
UP=500v which is wrong

Load angel ? I don't know

Physics news on Phys.org
In my opinion UN=V;UP=E. See the attached sketch.

Attachments

• Synchronous Generator Steady State.jpg
    Synchronous Generator Steady State.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 148
Sorry.Wrong sketch.

Attachments

37.7 KB · Views: 135
I am sorry. Two more parentheses are missing

Attachments

39.7 KB · Views: 146
I am not sure what does represent UN=3000V[Y]. Since it is about 50 Hz IEC Standard IEC 60038 Table 3 Note 1:
These systems are generally three-wire systems unless otherwise indicated. The values indicated are voltages between phases.
So, the voltage is 3 kV between phases. The power has to be: √3.I.UN.cos(ϕ). The voltage per phase it is then 3000/√3=1732 V

Related to Calculate Load Angel & Pole Wheel Voltage Up

1. What is the purpose of calculating load angle and pole wheel voltage up?

The purpose of calculating load angle and pole wheel voltage up is to determine the electrical load on a power system and ensure that the voltage is within acceptable limits. This information is crucial for maintaining the stability and reliability of the power system.

2. How is load angle calculated?

Load angle is calculated by measuring the phase difference between the voltage and current in an electrical circuit. This can be done using specialized equipment or through mathematical calculations using the voltage and current values.

3. What factors can affect the load angle and pole wheel voltage?

The load angle and pole wheel voltage can be affected by various factors, including changes in electrical load, variations in the power supply, and faults in the power system. Temperature, humidity, and other environmental conditions can also impact these values.

4. What are the consequences of incorrect load angle and pole wheel voltage?

Incorrect load angle and pole wheel voltage can lead to instability in the power system, which can cause power outages and damage to electrical equipment. It can also result in overloading and overheating of the system, leading to potential safety hazards.

5. How often should load angle and pole wheel voltage be calculated?

Load angle and pole wheel voltage should be calculated regularly, preferably in real-time, to ensure the stability and reliability of the power system. This can be done through automated systems or manually by trained professionals.