Calculate Dynamic Mass & Force of Object in Motion

• Thread starter Padj01
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dynamic
In summary, to calculate dynamic mass and forces of an object in motion, you can use the equation f=ma. The tangential speed and angle of the object's motion can also be taken into consideration. However, for most cases, the mass remains constant and is only significantly affected at high speeds close to the speed of light.
Padj01
I need to know how to calculate dynamic mass and forces. Example is a mass at the end of a string that is swung along an arc (not perpendicular or parallel to the floor). What equations or properties do I need to calculate dynamic mass and force of the object in motion? Thank you for your help.

Physics news on Phys.org
Tangential speed. Angle that it is twirled at. From this, I see no reason why you coulde't solve for the rest.

Regards,

Nenad

Padj01 said:
I need to know how to calculate dynamic mass and forces. Example is a mass at the end of a string that is swung along an arc (not perpendicular or parallel to the floor). What equations or properties do I need to calculate dynamic mass and force of the object in motion? Thank you for your help.
Try f=ma.

I am not sure what you mean by dynamic mass. Mass is mass. Mass is only appreciably affected by its motion if you are talking about speeds close to the speed of light. It doesn't sound like you are.

AM

Thanks Andrew. That's what I was looking for.

Related to Calculate Dynamic Mass & Force of Object in Motion

What is the formula for calculating the dynamic mass of an object in motion?

The formula for calculating the dynamic mass of an object in motion is mass (m) = force (F) / acceleration (a). This equation is derived from Newton's second law of motion, which states that the force acting on an object is equal to its mass multiplied by its acceleration.

How do you determine the net force acting on an object in motion?

To determine the net force acting on an object in motion, you need to consider all of the forces acting on the object and add them together. This includes both the applied force and any resistive forces, such as friction. The net force is the overall force that is causing the object to accelerate or decelerate.

What units are used to measure force and mass?

Force is typically measured in Newtons (N), while mass is measured in kilograms (kg). These are the standard units in the International System of Units (SI) for these quantities.

Can you calculate the dynamic mass and force of an object if you only know its velocity?

No, velocity alone is not enough information to calculate the dynamic mass and force of an object. In addition to velocity, you also need to know the object's acceleration and any other forces acting on it in order to use the formula and determine these values.

How can calculating dynamic mass and force be useful in real-world applications?

Calculating dynamic mass and force is useful in a variety of real-world applications, such as designing and testing vehicles, predicting the motion of projectiles, and understanding the forces involved in sports or other physical activities. It is also essential in fields such as engineering, physics, and mechanics.