Calculate a VIBRATING FEEDER ?

• Thread starter em07189
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Vibrating
In summary, a vibrating feeder is a machine that uses a vibrating motor to move material at a controlled flow rate. To calculate the flow rate, one would need to consider the center of mass of the feeder, the power of the motor, and any unbalanced forces. One approach to solving this problem is to use the principles of work and energy, considering the effects of gravity and friction. The choice of vibrating motor and its position within the feeder can also affect the performance of the machine.
em07189
Calculate a VIBRATING FEEDER ?

Hi everyone!

how i calculate the flow in a vibrating feeder?

What data should i use to solve a problem like this? i think that i would need the center of mass of the feeder the power of the magnetic or the unbalanced vibrating feeders?

can someone explain me in the detail how to resolve a problem like this?

or provide me a example to solve a problem like this?

Thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org

OK maybe you guys don't know what is a vibrating feeder.

basically it's a machine that has a vibrating motor that procudes a flow rate to material in the feeder.

[PLAIN]http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/2666/3d2020fuf207220dpi20sma.gif

[PLAIN]http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9335/3dfmf207220small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Have you tried setting this up in terms of work and energy? Gravity is doing most of the work, and the only thing acting against it is friction.

Skrambles said:
Have you tried setting this up in terms of work and energy? Gravity is doing most of the work, and the only thing acting against it is friction.

Hi Skrambles!

Can you explain me i detail in what are you thinking in therms of work, energy, and gavity?

What formulas do i have to use?

how can i choose the right vibrating motor?

What will afect the position of the vibrating motors in the feeder, some vibrating feeders have the motor postioned in the sides of the support, other work bellow the feeder?

thanks alot

Related to Calculate a VIBRATING FEEDER ?

1. How does a vibrating feeder work?

A vibrating feeder works by using vibration to move materials along a conveyor belt or tray. The feeder is typically equipped with an electromagnet that creates the vibration, causing the materials to move forward. The frequency and amplitude of the vibration can be adjusted to control the flow rate of the materials.

2. What factors affect the calculation of a vibrating feeder?

The calculation of a vibrating feeder depends on several factors, including the size and weight of the materials being fed, the desired flow rate, and the angle of the feeder tray. The design and type of feeder can also impact the calculation.

3. How can I determine the capacity of a vibrating feeder?

The capacity of a vibrating feeder can be determined by calculating the volume of material that can be carried in a given amount of time. This calculation takes into account the speed of the feeder, the angle of the tray, and the density of the material being fed.

4. Are there different types of vibrating feeders?

Yes, there are different types of vibrating feeders that are designed for specific purposes and materials. Some common types include electromagnetic feeders, electromechanical feeders, and pneumatic feeders. Each type has its own unique design and features to cater to different industries and applications.

5. How do I choose the right vibrating feeder for my application?

The right vibrating feeder for your application will depend on several factors, such as the type and size of material being fed, the desired flow rate, and the environment in which the feeder will be operating. It is important to consult with a vibrating feeder expert to determine the best type and design for your specific needs.